Devices get locked "on" [v0.15.2] [SP]

Started by RavenFellBlade, December 23, 2014, 09:40:45 PM

RavenFellBlade

Version: 0.15.2
Mode: Single player
Bug Description: Device in slot 4 will repeatedly cycle if two devices are activated simultaneously, eg. Industrial Mining devices in slots 4 and 5.
Reproduceable: Yes, but it does not always happen. I'm not sure if it has to do with the timing of the keypresses, or something else entirely.
Screenshot: Not really something that can be captured in a single frame.

The funny thing about space is that there's actually quite a lot of it.

ai_enabled

Hello!
Thanks for reporting! Unfortunately, we're unable to reproduce this issue. Can you give us detailed steps how to reproduce this issue?
How long the issues stands when it happens? Have you found any way to workaround it when it happens?
Regards!

RavenFellBlade

I had the issue occur regularly with an Industrial Mining Device in slot 4 and a Standard Mining Device in slot 5. Pressing the 4 and 5 keys simultaneously would cause both of the mining devices to fire at the same time, which is expected. However, slot 4 would continue to fire automatically after this, until I either moved my ship or ran out of energy. This wasn't just a graphical effect, either, as it would run through the entire mining cycle, with minerals and exp being collected. It seemed to be pretty easy to replicate for me, at least with these specific items. The ship was an Endeavour, I don't know if that really matters, but I figure I would mention it.
I tried it with a few different combinations of items, and only noticed it happening with the mining devices.

ai_enabled

Still can't reproduce this issue on our internal last game build. Maybe the issues has been fixed. So if this issue happens in the next version, please send us a logs to analyze it: we added more logging for devices, so it will be easier to understand why the device get locked "on".

RavenFellBlade

How do I pull logs from the game? I was just playing 1.1.5, and experienced this same bug. I didn't experience it in any other recent builds, other than once randomly while playing 1.1.1f, which I couldn't duplicate at that time.
Now, it's back to pretty consistently locking the mining laser in the #4 equip slot if I simultaneously activate two mining lasers in the #4 and #5 slots. It will continue to run even after it has exhausted energy until I move the ship or fire a weapon.
Will send a log as soon as I can grab one.

ai_enabled

The logs are here - Documents\AtomicTorchStudio\VoidExpanse\Logs
We're going to release 1.1.6 soon (in a few hours), and the issue maybe already resolved.