8mm gun and never ending toxic ammo

Started by vxii, April 07, 2020, 05:32:54 PM

vxii

Hello / Siema

I found some bug with revolver and luger gun. I use two types of 8mm ammo, normal and toxic. idk how and when but have 1 toxic ammo, use B key and change to it, shot, gun change ammo to normal buuuut 1 toxic ammo came back to my inventory i can still load it with B key.
Maybe its becouse i hold my ammo in small inventory to see how much i have it when.

I tried to give that 1 toxic ammo to friend, when he use it same as i, bug still exists, he got 1 ammo back after shot. He also hold ammo in small inventory.

My game is in PvE Europe server, use latest version of Cryofall and find this bug today.

ai_enabled

Hello!

Thanks for reporting. That's odd.
The client and server have independent simulation and it seems the game server doesn't actually fire the bulletΓÇöonly the client does it so when the ammo changes the ammo is unloaded by the server.
Could you verify please by trying to attack any creature this way? Will it receive any damage? I guess it will not.

Regards!

ai_enabled

I've tried the following steps:
1. place 8 mm standard ammo (10 pieces) and 8 mm toxic ammo (1 piece) in the hotbar (the "small inventory", right?)
2. select Luger in hotbar
3. load toxic ammo by pressing B key several times until it's selected
4. fire toxic ammo

My inventory is empty during this.

The gun is reloading to standard ammo and the toxic ammo is not returned to me so I cannot reproduce the issue.
Please let me know the exact steps you and your friends are using to reproduce the issue.

Regards!

vxii

i done like you said.

loaded ammo small inventory, change to tobix, shot, and ammo back to main inventory.
loaded again shot to animal, and animal dont have damage, ammo back to main inventory

i make screenshot, you can download them here (wetrasnfer) https://we.tl/t-30P4DYUSGY

ai_enabled

Thank you for testing!
It seems the shot is not done on the server. It's simply unloading the toxic ammo.
What is your ping to this server? It looks like the issue is related to the network latency as I cannot reproduce it on the low latency connection. I will try to reproduce it with a higher latency.

vxii

ping i avarage 32

i have 250MB fiberwire, my pc is MSI GE75 with RTX2070 and i7 9xxx 16GB RAM, i don't think its performance problem.

You can find me on Europe 3 PvE server, my user is Virus12 and i still have this 1 toxic ammo in inventory if this can help somehow.

ai_enabled

I was able to reproduce the issue by simulating a severe network packet loss (10-30%) on the network channel.

The reason is that the client's weapon reload command sometimes arrives before the shot command so the toxic ammo is getting unloaded before it's actually fired on the server side.

We will implement a patch to ensure the always correct order of actions (fire then reload), however it will require refactoring the whole weapon firing/ammo reloading system so the fix is not coming soon.

The workaround for this issue is to have stacks of ammo larger than 1 piece.

Regards!

vxii

its not that bad issue, no one will fight with one ammo :D

ai_enabled

It should be finally fixed in A28 Update scheduled for release tomorrow!

Regards!