Nice Start!

Started by Expanding Man, August 02, 2014, 10:45:35 AM

Expanding Man

Hello all.  I have been following this game since it was announced (I think), but have finally bought the alpha yesterday.  I must say, so far I am extremely impressed.  With extensive bug fixing and performance improvements this game would ALREADY seem like a finished product, so it is very exciting to hear even MORE features are on the way.  I've been waiting for something like this for years, for some reason makers of "space games" are very resistant to adding the kind of RPG depth that VoidExpanse has.  The only complaint I have with the game after three or four hours of playing is that ship control can feel rather awkward, I really think there is going to have to be some way of controlling rotation with the mouse.

Anyway, some other projects which have been greenlit and were rather far in development have imploded after failing to reach their kickstarter goals (I remember http://www.skyjackergame.com/ which had a pretty nice demo, and would have had options about what sort of flight model to use, a very impressive feature considering my recent experience with Elite Dangerous), so I hope the devs will stick with it even if their IndieGoGo project does not reach it's goal.  Happy to have done my part though (do purchases through the AtomicTorch site show up on IndieGoGo?  I'm guessing not).  Steam has been publishing some real crap lately, so if this game does not get on greenlight it will be absolutely criminal!

Looking forward to many more hours of playing this.