I got killed when offline and the respawning menu told me who had killed me

Started by softwarelove, May 13, 2019, 12:05:16 AM

softwarelove

I got killed when offline and the respawning menu told me who had killed me but I didnot record it.
Where can I find the info again now?

Lurler

softwarelove

Thanks, and it's really appreciated if you can make the mode of the current server more and more PvE.
As a common player, I just feel like a virtual world in which I can feel relaxed and walm.

4letr

I was there on Asia official when softwarelove logged on claiming he's been offline killed with all his stuff taken. He was a new player whom I'd helped a day before. So much for the point of new player protection right? Now we just make a player do a lot of work to lose their progress anyway. This is rhetorical.

But this brings us to a valid point, we are going to need a log of some kind noting how our structures are destroyed and who has killed us with a timestamp.

This is necessary in a pvp game or the wrong people get accused or worse framed for killing/destroying someone else and the servers can become toxic.

My last point is, because of not knowing who to seek revenge on you can just say what's the point I'll be destroyed again tomorrow by maybe a different person???
If you know who killed you you can seek the help of allies or plan to get your things back. You are likely to continue playing the game.
This doesn't stop clever people from pushing your body into a wild animal or the path of a newer player who doesn't know any better but to kill whom they come across but it's a start.

Before a suggestion like, "team up with others" is used, I can see that a newer player joining a team of advanced players is almost a burden. They waste resources they don't know what to do, there can be language barriers. I have seen many players in Asia server ask to team up with someone when there are 15 players online and ask many times to get no response.

Next you get half serious small teams banding together getting wiped by a single bored advanced player, again, with little way of proving who did what. Also the current oil field and lithium field thing is not working. GiangNam showed you in a previous post how one person alone can farm so much explosive on his own that he can wipe entire teams or anyone..
This is what caused the Korean team to quit the server because of losing their 55,000 Lithium.

This will cause the same thing to happen in every server. Someone owning the server and the game will die quicker than you can say what happened to Ark Survival evolved?
I noticed you claimed in your A22 update that if an Alpha party were to take their eye off the ball for a moment they may fall behind. This is not the problem it's that if you have 20 servers just 20 human beings with no job can ruin everything for everyone. So now you have raid time windows? Ok so a party of 10 is online at the right time to wipe a smaller party?

Now if you have 20 servers you have 200 players bored and in control of the servers. Your maps are too small to support bigger than a 10 player party. There is not enough to do for everyone to sustain that anyway.. Why farm lp if another player crafted everything? I am challenging you to consider you need to think about what you are creating much more thoroughly. There are already proven to work methods out there in pvp games aka Guild wars ark, rust etc. Don't try and make something new without getting the basics correct.

Are you aware that, generally, a well established large team will ultimately try to create one large server shop from dozens of trading stations setting the price on everything? Why do anything if you can buy something endgame from a vendor after chopping two thousand wood as a brand new player? For shops to work you need items to be much much much harder to get, owning certain items can keep players loyal for years.. hanging out in the game with their friends with their stuff, while their stuff is "safe" that's what works in a game. Costumes, Collectables.. learn from previous games. Rare things are the game's currency not penny coins that anyone can make.

Developers please give some consideration to these aspects of your game.

Giang Nam

@4letr: before when I first joined the server.
There are many players condemning the act of manipulating resources by Korean team.

But after making a raid in order to kick the person who possesses the unlimited lith area off the server, I have an interesting discovery.

It seems that it is not Korean team. It is controlled by Wanglaoju players, it seems like that Chinese team

and the Wanglaoju team intended to perform closure oil unlimited, but the incident failed. because I have put my claim near there (after the previous possessor abandoned the playground)

Can imagine the emergence of 2 or 3 forces manipulating the entire resource on the server. (It can be said that the Korean team is wrongly imposed on the incident, or they actually possess the oil unlimited)

I only have a small criticism that they exploit too few resources when possessing them!

ai_enabled

@4letr
Thank you for your detailed feedback!
I'm the programmer of CryoFall and could provide some of my considerations on your feedback. Please note I'm not the game designerΓÇö@Lurler isΓÇöso he might want to correct me later if I'm wrong in some cases :-).

Quote from: 4letr on May 13, 2019, 04:34:37 AMI was there on Asia official when softwarelove logged on claiming he's been offline killed with all his stuff taken. He was a new player whom I'd helped a day before. So much for the point of new player protection right? Now we just make a player do a lot of work to lose their progress anyway. This is rhetorical.
The question hereΓÇöwhy he got killed and how? It makes no sense on a competitive PvP server to kill newbies as accessing their bases require spending expensive explosives which have a much better use. To stay safe in the game, players need to log out only when they're in their house. Some players simply don't know that they're kept in the game as "sleepers" and assume they will be despawned on login. No, it doesn't work this way on PvP servers. Perhaps we need to add an explanation for this in the game to make it clear, though I'm not sure about the best way to do so.

Quote from: 4letr on May 13, 2019, 04:34:37 AMBut this brings us to a valid point, we are going to need a log of some kind noting how our structures are destroyed and who has killed us with a timestamp.
We're planning to implement server log UI to have all such events logged and accessible to players. The game is in Early Access and, even though it has already plenty of features and enough content to entertain players for several days or even weeks, the game is in very active development.

Quote from: 4letr on May 13, 2019, 04:34:37 AMBefore a suggestion like, "team up with others" is used, I can see that a newer player joining a team of advanced players is almost a burden. They waste resources they don't know what to do, there can be language barriers. I have seen many players in Asia server ask to team up with someone when there are 15 players online and ask many times to get no response.
It's hard to compete in a world with hundreds of other players. This game is much more social than most other online survival games. The map will be expanded with future updates, especially as we will add transport (mounts/vehicles). We might increase the online limit to 300 online players or so.
We've watched for over a week how people playing on Germany 1 server as it sustained daily online number on about 110 players and it was very interesting.

We're planning to implement clans system in the next updates so it will be much easier to join a clan, manage it, make alliances with other clans, and proclaim wars. Keeping a list of enemies and having an option to update it when you got killed by somebody is also a necessary feature from my point of view.
I think the clans system alone will make players play very differentlyΓÇöas it's a good idea to make friends, not enemies. Killing newbies or other neutral to you parties is a recipe to disaster as they will take revenge, and could consider to group together against you.

Quote from: 4letr on May 13, 2019, 04:34:37 AMAlso the current oil field and lithium field thing is not working. GiangNam showed you in a previous post how one person alone can farm so much explosive on his own that he can wipe entire teams or anyone
Current mechanics don't work on a PvP server with a low population. Players could stockpile explosives without any risk.
Also, the bombs are currently nerfed (we had to nerf them while we're working on PvE update), so raiding is rarely rewarding, and most players are not raiding. A22 update changing this. Players will raid each other much more often and take their stuff.
When the population will be high, the game mechanics will be much more competitive. Players will value the bombs much more and use them timely. Stockpiling them on the base without using is a poor strategy as players will risk losing them on the next raid.

Also, regarding oil/Li. Most players are not informed (and this is something we're going to address properly in the next update) that there is a competition mechanics for the oil/Li deposits:
1. it's possible to explode them (or their extractors) with just a few bombs. They're also decaying over time even if they're not used (but if used it happens x4 quicker)
2. they're respawning within 2 hours, always
3. players with Xenogeology unlocked are receiving a notification when a spawn happens (with the coordinates of the spawn location)
4. players have 30 minutes before the spawned resource will become available for claiming (a countdown is displayed in a notification)ΓÇöconstructing nearby it is forbidden during that time.

So it's a very interesting mechanic, allowing players to compete for new Li/oil spots, and to prevent other players (and the game itself due to deposit decay) from controlling them for too long.

Quote from: 4letr on May 13, 2019, 04:34:37 AMI am challenging you to consider you need to think about what you are creating much more thoroughly. There are already proven to work methods out there in pvp games aka Guild wars ark, rust etc. Don't try and make something new without getting the basics correct.
And we do. Taking the best. But our game is certainly different in many aspects. The supported online number is much higher, the game is more social with a longer technological tree, game mechanics cannot be exactly the same. It's also a 2D game so it puts some limitations.

If you have particular suggestions, we're listening! Currently, it's not clear what exactly you propose us to change in the game.

Quote from: 4letr on May 13, 2019, 04:34:37 AMAre you aware that, generally, a well established large team will ultimately try to create one large server shop from dozens of trading stations setting the price on everything? Why do anything if you can buy something endgame from a vendor after chopping two thousand wood as a brand new player?
Well, the large team could be raided by another large team. They're not playing in an isolated environment. Large teams are also likely to split: more playersΓÇömore controversy between the members.
Again, if you're judging by the current gameplay on Asia 1 server, it's certainly skewed towards more peaceful gameplay with a small population, where players don't have serious competition and could build large stores without any risk. It will work this way on PvE servers but on PvP, it's going to change very soon.

Rare/"unique" items are certainly a consideration. Currently, our focus, as you might have noticed, is simply growing the overall content and mechanics. Some mechanics (such as clans system) are not yet implemented and necessary to realize our vision.

BTW, we're not planning to add any paid cosmetics/lootboxes/etc. The game will be a buy-to-play experience with a single purchase. I just want to make it clear if somebody read about "rare" items and assume we're going to add some in-app purchases or pay-to-win mechanics:-).

Quote from: 4letr on May 13, 2019, 04:34:37 AMDevelopers please give some consideration to these aspects of your game.
Yes. Thank you! It's a pleasure to hear the players feedback and working together with the community to make a great game!

Regards!

4letr

I do have an actual suggestion.

Do you like the idea an imprisoning players mechanic.  A weapon to grapple an online or offline player, pull them along so you can take them to a "dungeon"
A mechanic to use a drug/toxin to put a player to sleep. The ability to feed another player and keep them alive. The ability to heal another player. A toxin resistance Armour and a toxin resistance skill that might be leveled by deliberately ingesting toxin and of course toxic/sleepy ammo and weapons. Perhaps even primitive like a bow or crossbow.

This subset of skills and abilities could be used to defend against such tacticts or imprison the owners of a land claim till the land-claim destruction completes.

Further on from this I like the idea of making a penny coin operated door that an imprisoned player or rescuer might operate with the correct amount of coins to free imprisoned player.