A Small Suggestion...

Started by Hoodsey, April 08, 2015, 05:26:14 PM

Hoodsey

I just bought the game last night, and for the most part, haven't really dived into the depth of the game itself and what it offers. When I was looking around for games to play, I wanted something that brought me back to my SubSpace days. This captured that. I wanted something similar to EVE Online with no monthly fees or confusing interface. This captured that.

But what I'd love to see, are drones. I've seen healing drones, but other types as well, such as mining, defensive, offensive, etc. type drones. As I said, I'm not too far into the game, but these would help a lot, I feel.

Lurler

Hm? Actually drones are in our planned list. It's not going to happen any time soon, but it's something we definitely would like to see.

jeeplaw

I'm sort of getting hands wrapped around the code to help effectuate this request. I'm thinking drones are either going to be..

1) on a timer cooldown, much like a booster or consumable..so that if I had a point defense drone, I need to activate it going into battle. Plus in my mind drones are going to be itty bitty small...and revolving in a circle orbit around the players ship. I don't think there will be much of a fps hit if it goes this way. This point defense drone will fire a lazer level one and have (depending on level of drone) a high percentage to miss. Don't want to make it auto kill everything. Just incoming projectiles.

I really really need to deep dive into the code to figure that out. But I think it's doable.

2) Always on. No power consumed, but just rotating around your ship if you own it in inventory. Not sure how feasible it is..still like my consumable idea where it's on for a limited amount of time until you build up enough energy to activate it again.

Silberspeer

Both ways are interesting but personally I like 2, "droid is device" version.