Keyboard-only option?

Started by scippie75, March 28, 2015, 01:34:48 PM

scippie75

As I sit behind a desk for work all day, I no longer sit behind my desk at home for playing games. Yeah, I am getting old.  :)
When I play games, I do it on my laptop (it's a great gaming laptop, geforce, 32GB, fast SSD, ...) on my lap in the couch.
So you understand: no mouse, only touchpad and although I am very good with the touchpad, you can never use it as good as a real mouse.

I really love the game. I couldn't even wait for its release on steam to buy it (I never do that) and I had real great fun so far on my desktop computer. But what I would LOVE to have in it is a way to play it without the need for a mouse: keyboard only.

Some solutions that come into mind:
- option to lock aim to "straight forward" instead of to whereever the mouse pointer is at that moment.
- option for auto-aim (I understand that this reduces difficulty, but that would be allright for me)
- something else?

It would be so great for me, the game deserves my time and it will probably not get it when I can't play it on my laptop.
So... is there any chance that something like this will happen?

askew1

I don't know if one exists but look for hulls that have fixed laser mounts on them. They don't follow the mouse cursor and fire straight ahead. If one doesn't exist to your liking, you could always mod one of the existing hulls to make one (Or someone will at some point perhaps; I expect to see MANY variations on the ships created as mods when the game is released).

Another alternative could be a hull with stationary laser mounts and mines also. I believe there is already a hull with this configuration in game.

You can also remap keyboard keys to fire primary, secondary, and tertiary weapons fire.

Strmy

years ago there was some external program tha binded the keys from keyboard to controler, i used it in games that didnt support the controler and it was fully functional. (but i dont remember the name of the soft right now)

And for the aim.. It would be nice feature to have button for locking the aim of the guns.

scippie75

Quote from: askew1 on March 28, 2015, 02:59:34 PM
I don't know if one exists but look for hulls that have fixed laser mounts on them.

Although that would be a solution, it would be a very limiting one, limiting me to only a few ships that may or may not be the ships I like. Having a setting to do this on all ships would definitely be better.

scippie75

Quote from: Strmy on March 28, 2015, 03:33:57 PM
years ago there was some external program tha binded the keys from keyboard to controler, i used it in games that didnt support the controler and it was fully functional. (but i dont remember the name of the soft right now)

And for the aim.. It would be nice feature to have button for locking the aim of the guns.

Controller is no option for me (although controller support would also be nice of course). When I play on the laptop, I like to have it on my lap and holding a controller is then not very handy (believe me, I've tried it before :) )