Breaching the Core Full Mod Discussion

Started by Hammish, June 27, 2014, 10:11:17 AM

Hammish

Sorry for the long bit between delays, been pretty sick as of late on my end.  Hopefully by this weekend the next patch for BTC will be out.  It should include:

Finished reworking of remaining icons;
Fixing the remaining vanilla VE quest items to work with BTC;
Last of the NPC modifications with armor/hull changes for pirate cruisers and battlecruisers, traders, and aliens.  (Alien balancing in particular will require some testing from the world)
Two new weapon types in the Experimental tree to make the SP cost worth it:
- Plasma Missiles: a smaller, more agile version of the plasma torpedo.  Can empty the capacitor rapidly for burst damage, exceptional tracking, great versus corvettes but only marginally effective against frigates and useless against cruisers and structures.
- Cluster Cannon: an upscaled version of the flak cannon, the cluster cannon fires large slow-reloading canister rounds to saturate an area as opposed to the constant stream of explosives provided by the flak.  The submunitions are actually powerful enough to damage both corvettes and frigates with ease, and the larger versions of this gun can even harry cruisers.

Vampyre111

I really want to try this MOD.  It was the very first one I downloaded.  It refused to work form.

I'm running win 8.1  64 bit
Nvidea 760 video card
8 GB of RAM
a quad core intel processor at 3 GHrz.(I forget which one, I'm at work tight now.)

The message I get is about a missing file or something.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get it working?

Thanks
Did something just fly off my gol ram ship?!

Hammish

Try the newest patch version in the main BTC thread now.  (The filename will be the same, but the file is now BTC 2.1.1)  The mod needed updating to work with VE 1.4 but real life kept me from updating it until now.

Vampyre111

Yep, it's working now. 

I managed to corrupt my main game but all new games work fine.
After some looking around, I saw a file for backup saves.  I copied the one I needed and restored my main game.  All is good now but I'm not going to risk my main save again

Other than that it's an outstanding mod..
Did something just fly off my gol ram ship?!

Hammish

Hrm.  I should add a disclaimer about that.  It's probably on account of the fact that BTC changes/adds/disables so many items, I know I've had corruption issues even between versions in the past as I pruned items.

But thank you!