Updating issues

Started by Hammish, April 03, 2015, 09:15:36 AM

Hammish

Heya guys.  Long time, no speak. ;)

Trying to get BTC updated now that the final version (for now, at least!) has been released.  Figured I'd reserve a page here for issues I run into as I try to work with some of the new settings.

Largest issue I am running into thus far: can you no longer attach trails to non-model projectiles?  Previously I was able to put trail effects on even sprite projectiles (I actually like the effect) but now, with the release version, they only seem to work if I have a model and skin set?  I'm hoping this isn't the case and that I'm just screwing something up, but I saw the update about a physics-based particle system and thought maybe that was responsible.

Other than that, thus far, I really love all the changes since I stepped away a bit.  Kudos to all the folk at AT. :)

ai_enabled

Hi!
Yes, it seems we've removed this feature during refactoring, but we can recover it in the future releases.

Regards!

Hammish

Okay!  If you ever do, if you remember, try to mention it.  I miss putting trails on shots for a bit of extra graphical glory.  In the interim I just got around it by taking off the sprite on certain projectiles and using a teeny, barely-visible missile and then putting a trail on it; it just looks like the trail is the shot instead. :)

Hammish

A second question for when you guys have a moment, related to the above: is the hitbox attribute of a projectile used only if that projectile is a sprite or ray?

One of the cooler effects I have been able to produce is using a micro-sized model with trails attached to give a plasma-like effect of seeing just the trail, but it seems to be having issues clipping through targets.  Not sure if it's because of issues with the local server (lag of a sort) or because it's attempting to use the true 3D hitbox of the projectile (which is micro-sized, I think I currently have the scale set to about 0.001, making it effectively invisible).