Started by Razen, August 20, 2015, 12:53:45 PM

Razen

Game version: 1.4.10 Steam
Game mode: Single-player
Bug location: While playing single player campaign..not sure
Steps to reproduce: Unknown
Reproduction rate: one off occurrence
Mods used: None

I don't have a folder called AtomicTorch* in my Documents folder (win10)

I was playing for several hours last night and made it from around lvl 15 to lvl 25 and had a ton of skill points I hadn't used (over 100 I believe).  I placed them in several different trees, including energy weapons, past energy weapons 2 for sure.  A bit later, I was trying to equip an energy weapon that required level 2 and it kept saying I didn't have the skill, even though I checked several times to ensure I did.  I gave up and used another laser.  A little while later, the game crashed to desktop without warning just after passing through a jump gate.  When I opened the game back up and loaded my save, all my research in energy weapons was reset back to the default starting values, but my points were still gone!  Is there any way to respec my character to regain the lost points, even if it involves modifying the save game files?  Let me know if there is any other information I could provide.  I could upload the save game file, but I'm not sure where it is located at.

ai_enabled

Hello!
Thanks for reporting!
We need the logs to investigate the issue. Are you sure you don't have this folder "C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\AtomicTorchStudio\VoidExpanse"? This is quite strange as the game runs fine on Windows 10 for us and always create this folder. It could be "sandboxed" by some antivirus software, but we have no such reports. Anyway you could get know the path to the game dynamic data location by launching the server and looking to the console output. The server executable is located at "<game folder>\Server_dotNET\VoidExpanse.Server.exe".

You could do skills reset (with regaining of the skill points) on any science station - talk about the holodeck training with the chief scientist. But it's not free. You could add some money by cheats (open chat (Enter key), enter command "/money 100000" (without quotes) and press Enter key to apply).

Regards!

Razen

Well, I found the data directory using the server command trick, they were very well hidden.

E:\<Username>\Docs\Documents\AtomicTorchStudio\VoidExpanse

I have a smaller SSD as my system drive, so I moved my Documents folder to E:\<Username>\Docs to prevent it from taking up prime SSD space.  Something in the way your software checks the path decided to append an additional Documents directory inside the main documents directory, hiding the AtomicTorchStudio folder in there.  So far, this is the only game that has done so, I have plenty of game folders in E:\<Username>\Docs but nothing else in the Docs\Documents folder.

Here is the log files zipped
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K32ujSURqBUE1zUGF6MDRrUlk/view?usp=sharing

Oh and thanks for the science station suggestion, I just found that in game last night but didn't have near enough money to try it out!  BTW, there is two spelling mistakes in the menu where the scientist asks you if you want to use the holodeck.  The options to pay 800 science points or 150000d (commas!) both say "Rest Skills" when that should be "Reset Skills"  and the first option says you can spend 800 skill points to reset your skills, should be Science Points.  I can probably scare up a screenshot if you need it, but you can see it yourself by going to science guy and asking to use holodeck for skill reset.

ai_enabled

Thanks for the logs! We will investigate the issue.
About the Documents folder - the game using system environment variable to get path to this folder, we will check what's wrong with it.
Regards!

ai_enabled

We've fixed the issues with the lost skill points, "fake skill training" (when it's actually not trained but displayed as trained), wrong "Documents" folder (it will automatically transfer AtomicTorchStudio folder to a proper location), spelling mistakes and polished out code. All these changes will be included to the next patch. Thanks again for your feedback!
Regards!