[EU][kG]kunix.org -PVE- / community server

Started by kyokei, May 31, 2014, 08:57:35 AM

kyokei

logs sent in PM... I'll inquire about the 32 bit mono - will let you know

- Server down, checking if I can install 32 bit mono :)

- impossible to install 32 bit mono on a 64 bit machine - creating a 32 bit ubuntu VM now

kyokei

kunix ve server now running on a 32 bit VM. Will monitor the usage.
Can't test if the server is reachable

ai_enabled

Received your logs, thanks!
Yes, 32-bit mono is only for 32-bit Linux as I wrote above...
The server is reachable.
What about the CPU/memory usage?

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on February 03, 2015, 09:18:35 PM
Received your logs, thanks!
Yes, 32-bit mono is only for 32-bit Linux as I wrote above...
The server is reachable.
What about the CPU/memory usage?
cpu was at around 4% idle, ram at around 300mb... i PM'ed you some more information.
I went back to hosting VE on the main machine as I couldn't get the ports forwarded correctly, issue of my router.

ai_enabled

Ok, we will improve it soon.
VoidExpanse v1.0.2 is just released, but it doesn't have any changes regarding the performance... though but it should run a little bit faster as we fixed some script issues.

kyokei

ai_enabled

v1.0.3 ready,
please try these server settings:
<fps>40</fps>
<fps_network_physics_update>20</fps_network_physics_update>
<fps_update_ship_params>7</fps_update_ship_params>

kyokei

Updated to 1.0.3
cpu between 1.3 and 1.9% idle. RAM at 327 at the moment.

Looking really good :)!

ai_enabled

Very nice. Need to test with at least 4 users online...

kyokei

Updated to 1.0.4
Some stats for AI - with 1 person on it jumped from lets say 2% cpu to 12%.

Agreed we need to test it with more people but I don't see it happening right now.

VincentV

We could try and schedule a time for a few of us being on at the same time, pick a date and a time (and a time zone) and I can help test.
- Vincent V, Network/System/Desktop Admin
(Not affiliated with AtomicTorch)

Strmy

Am I only one playing there? :-) I have already played around 20+ hours on the server and noone found :) How is it the game with the "ram" and "Cpu" consumption when there is more players? And on what "iron" do you host the server :)

kyokei

Quote from: Strmy on March 16, 2015, 09:50:06 AM
Am I only one playing there? :-) I have already played around 20+ hours on the server and noone found :) How is it the game with the "ram" and "Cpu" consumption when there is more players? And on what "iron" do you host the server :)
\
Server is indeed pretty dead at the moment. I hope this will change once the game is fully released on Steam.

The server is hosted on a half defective Dell XPS l702x with 8GB Ram and i7-2630QM processor.
It's running ubuntu 14.04 server.

Ram usage is pretty low - around 300-500mb but CPU usage is still on the high side. About 22% cpu with 2 players. AI will tweak this once he has more data, I'm not worried at all.

Strmy

Ok thanks iam thinking that i could create server too. ( at work i have (4years) old xeon with 90gigs ram so i was curios for this)

omicron