I want to ask developers some questions

Started by 回忆, June 29, 2019, 03:19:24 AM

回忆

Hello Developer

I'm a player from China. I want to ask some questions about game updates. Will the updates of official servers in July delete the archives? This will be very important to us

回忆

I heard that updates only delete pve, but PVP deletes it once every six months

ai_enabled

Hello!

Yes. We will wipe the PvP and PvE game servers with the next major update in July (planned for the second half of July, will be announced in a week before). This update will break the savegames compatibility as we're expanding the world map, adding new features and content (such as power grid system for buildings with electricity).

We're planning to implement savegames compatibility as soon as possible so eventually, we intend to make the PvE servers wipeless/long-running.

PvP servers still will be wiped regularly (about every 6 weeks) as PvP mode is competitive and a fresh start is interesting to the most PvP players as a way to compete with equal chances with other players.

Community servers could be kept running (and not updated) as long as their owners want to. We're also providing older game client versions in Steam Client ("betas" tab in the game properties) so it's possible to connect to the servers running the previous version of the game. However, new version servers will be unable to load the previous version's savegame due to incompatibility.

Regards!