Before we update

Started by Lurler, May 23, 2014, 06:55:46 AM

Lurler

I just wanted to give you an update regarding the release.

I know you guys are really waiting for the next update and we were really trying to push the experimental version today, but alas, there were some issues that made it impossible to finish today.

But what that means is that we will be able to release the update next week for certain! And while we are at it we could also sneak in some more changes. So if you guys have some requests about really small features you'd like to see implemented please let us know!

But aside from that the update is huge. We were able to  pretty much overhaul everything within the game!

kyokei

Is adding shared xp for people in de same sector doable? For me this would help multiplayer enormously.

Could you post a list of fixes which are going in so it helps of thinking of new smaller things?

Lurler

Quote from: kyokei on May 23, 2014, 08:05:50 AM
Is adding shared xp for people in de same sector doable? For me this would help multiplayer enormously.
It might be possible, but I cannot promise this particular feature.
The feature itself is not that difficult to implement, but implementing UI for it might take a good half of the day at least, or more.
So, we will see!

Quote from: kyokei on May 23, 2014, 08:05:50 AM
Could you post a list of fixes which are going in so it helps of thinking of new smaller things?
I don't want to spoil the big release by giving away details too soon. So, please wait just a bit longer :)

kyokei

QuoteIt might be possible, but I cannot promise this particular feature.
The feature itself is not that difficult to implement, but implementing UI for it might take a good half of the day at least, or more.
So, we will see!

What I even meant was doing this without a UI change.
So if there is another player in the sector and I kill an enemy then we both get the XP. Might be a little overpowered but it beats fighting over kills or trying to let your co-op friend have the kill.

Tibarn

Quote from: kyokei on May 23, 2014, 09:32:22 AM
What I even meant was doing this without a UI change.
So if there is another player in the sector and I kill an enemy then we both get the XP. Might be a little overpowered but it beats fighting over kills or trying to let your co-op friend have the kill.
Just make a "party" option for us fellow space friends :D
it would make the multiplayer part a real success
Tibarn the hawk king has spoken

kyokei

Maybe add an option where you can upgrade your ship to add more mount points?
I find it really saddening when I have a big ship and it can't even fire missiles :P

Ixby

Fuel display on the HUD!
Unless I missed it...  :o

kyokei

Quote from: Ixby on May 25, 2014, 01:41:03 AM
Fuel display on the HUD!
THIS!

Speed indicator! and throttled speeds so can like set your ship to go at half your max speed without having to press "W".

Ixby

Oh yeah!
Will the update or wiki (soon) include the The 'VE Physics Adjuster' for ship adding?  ::)

Delcien

Hi Lurler,

Just checking what day 'this week' you are planning on releasing the next update?

Just wondering if i'll be having a VoidExpanse weekend :)

Delcien

Lurler

Quote from: Ixby on May 25, 2014, 01:41:03 AM
Fuel display on the HUD!
Done :)

Quote from: Delcien on May 28, 2014, 01:25:06 AM
Just wondering if i'll be having a VoidExpanse weekend :)
Weekend for sure. And it will take you at least couple of days to go through all new content and quests.

kyokei

It's a holiday tomorrow and I have a bridge day on Friday... Satisfy my Void Expanse urge Lurler!

Hammish

Quote from: kyokei on May 28, 2014, 03:55:21 AM
It's a holiday tomorrow and I have a bridge day on Friday... Satisfy my Void Expanse urge Lurler!

Mine too!  It'll -definitely- take me a lot longer to get through any content.. :)

Tibarn

I though the patch would come early after the previous weekend :/ is it any problems with it or do you plan to launch it today/tomorrow? :)
Kinda looking forward to play some VE with my friends, and yes we can wait for a party option/sharing exp for the next patch ;)
Tibarn the hawk king has spoken