Game Doesn't Start

Started by MrDodel, September 22, 2019, 04:47:07 AM

MrDodel

Hiya,
Game doesn't get past the main boot logo, I can just hear background music.

System Spec #1903

.NET Frameworks installed
   v4.8 Full
   v4.8 Client
   v3.5 SP1
   v3.0 SP2
   v2.0 SP2

Log: https://pastebin.com/qwsaRQHp (https://pastebin.com/qwsaRQHp)

Thanks

ai_enabled

Hello!

Thank you for a detailed report.
It seems the game cannot create a temp folder (in your %Temp% system location) as the .NET Framework responding with the error "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."
The game is trying to create a subfolder "%Temp%\AtomicTorchStudio\CryoFall_v0.23.8".

Please check the %Temp% location and ensure it's fine.
Running "chkdsk /f" might help to check and fix this drive.

If nothing helps, please ensure the game is not sandboxed by an antivirus software. Lately even Windows Defender (in Windows 10 build 1911) sometimes sandboxing the game preventing it from accessing certain folders (though usually, it's related to "Documents/AtomicTorch/CryoFall" folder).

Regards!

MrDodel

Quote from: ai_enabled on September 22, 2019, 04:57:44 AM
Hello!

Thank you for a detailed report.
It seems the game cannot create a temp folder (in your %Temp% system location) as the .NET Framework responding with the error "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."
The game is trying to create a subfolder "%Temp%\AtomicTorchStudio\CryoFall_v0.23.8".

Please check the %Temp% location and ensure it's fine.
Running "chkdsk /f" might help to check and fix this drive.

If nothing helps, please ensure the game is not sandboxed by an antivirus software. Lately even Windows Defender (in Windows 10 build 1911) sometimes sandboxing the game preventing it from accessing certain folders (though usually, it's related to "Documents/AtomicTorch/CryoFall" folder).

Regards!

Thank you for the prompt response, chkdsk /f fixed the issue. I never thought to look in the %temp% folder, as the game isn't installed on my root, so I didn't think it cached anything to c:\. Noted.

ai_enabled

I'm glad it resolved the issue.
Enjoy the game!