Author Topic: CryoFall - Closed Alpha Test 2  (Read 2014 times)

MenschMaschine

• View Profile
Re: CryoFall - Closed Alpha Test 2
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 06:54:33 am »
Yup, as you said, it was a .net issue.
Okay, i had to install Windows6.1-KB4019990-x64.msu from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=848158
first, because
"The .NET Framework 4.7 on Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows Server 2012 has a new dependency on a %windir%\system32\D3DCompiler_47.dll file for WPF. It's required to be installed first before the .NET Framework 4.7 product can be installed. "

Now it works and i am ingame :)
No Berries!

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 02:46:11 am »
MenschMaschine, I'm glad the game works good for you now. Looking forward for your feedback!

Everyone, I hope you will find time to play (and likely enjoy!) the game. A lot of work has been done during the last six months and we need your feedback to select the areas which we need to improve/polish and the new features to implement for the next milestone. As there are only a dozen of alpha-testers, every opinion matters and we will pay maximum attention to your feedback.

Regards!

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 03:33:35 am »
Update has been uploaded (both client and server).

Lots of fixes, almost everything that was reported thus far (that we weren't able to confirm).
Additionally, we also changed many of the things related to balance and prices of different things in the game. Let's see how that plays!

Please let us know if there any more issues left or if some previous issues reappear! But from our testing everything should be good now! :)

Edit: There is only one issue, and that is the amount of items in each pile in chests and player's inventory, that info haven't been saved properly. Please don't kill us. That's precisely why we do testing :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:45:34 am by Lurler »

MenschMaschine

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 07:49:19 am »
:'( I had 2500 ! Stones in one of my crates...
I'm gunna get you for this!!  >:(
No Berries!

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 07:20:37 am »
Update v0.9.7 has been uploaded (both client and server).

Fixed:
  • Crash when trying to join the same server you are currently on
  • Random de-sync issues (particularly affects the amount of items displayed in a container)
  • Messages about no recipes is displayed above recipes in the crafting window

Improvements:
  • Splitting item (RMB click) is instant now - without waiting for the server response
  • If you are the only admin there should not be "delete" button next to your name, even if it's not actually possible to delete yourself
  • Clicking on added or removed items (bottom right of the screen) should open inventory if it's not open. If you are already in a menu such as crafting station, etc. it should do nothing.
  • Ability to build floor under built structures
  • Map should always enable auto-centering on the player's character when opening
  • When drinking a bottle of water spawn an empty bottle
  • When refilling the watering can with a bottle of water spawn an empty bottle

FlessenGreendart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 11:05:58 am »
Umm...

That's my house...
That black shadow on the floor is me...
Something isn't right ???

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 11:14:05 am »
It was the patch issue...
Please uninstall the game completely.
Then open AtomicTorch GameLauncher data folder (path to it is available in the Settings), and delete "Downloads" folder there. Then restart the GameLauncher application and install CryoFall.

FlessenGreendart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 11:35:44 am »
Awesome, that's fixed it, thanks!

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 09:02:22 pm »

So far the test is going great, however there is one thing that you guys haven't tried. And that is farming.
If possible, give it a go and see how it plays!
At the moment you can find seeds in the loot containers in ruins (specifically loot piles and supply crates).

MenschMaschine

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 03:20:37 am »
Hm, ALL the animals are gone it seems.
No Berries!

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 03:27:15 am »
They're here, the world is simply not so densely populated. We had too many mobs in previous savegames because the game spawned them again on every load, so there were about 1200 mobs when actually it's supposed to be about 300 (they're respawning every few minutes).
The server reports now that there are 270 mobs and indeed just walking for a minute I've met a dozen of various animals.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:46:01 am by ai_enabled »

MenschMaschine

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 03:53:49 am »
Hm, yes, it is less populated, not UNpopulated, i see that now.
°grins° I almost thought you did that on purpose, to -force- us to test farming.
No Berries!

MenschMaschine

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2017, 04:24:34 am »
Lurler, farming is REALLY expensive at 50 sand per field, just like clay, it is a resource not very common.
25 sand sounds more reasonable for now.
Why do we need -also- FIFTY wooden planks for a plowed field plot?
For the next alpha test, it would make more sense if we have a Hoe to change the grassfloor to farmable land.

Note: With the reduced creaturespawn, it is now really hard to not starve, to fry things, we need animal fat. And surviving on berries alone is hard work.
Too many of the needed resources are to scarce and are needed in too great quantities.
Mainly Clay, Sugar and Bones (for glue, which is important for many armours).

I do not mean that we should get MANY of those resources, more like... clay and sand and sugar-spawns
should be 2-3 times as many, or cut down the quantities needed.
I personally would choose option #1 and spawn them 3 times as much.
Uhm, not 3 times as much resources in one spot, but three times as many spots.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:44:26 am by MenschMaschine »
No Berries!

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2017, 11:49:24 pm »
Okay, just wanted to let you guys know that we have concluded this second closed test. The test went great and we collected a lot of useful data and feedback! We will now continue with the next part of our development plan. There are still quite a lot of things to do for sure.

Now to address a few things that were mentioned above.
Things like sand and clay will be completely reworked. In fact it is already partially done, but since we couldn't just replace the map without people losing progress so we didn't do it. But in the next test it will be completely different in approach. The same is true about normal minerals. I will change how they are spawned.
As for food and look balancing - we did one pass on it already, but I would like to rework it again. We need to make hunting more interesting. Plus farming, currently it was completely nonviable to do. It will be rectified in the next test.

Overall the test went great and we are happy that you guys have participated!
Hopefully you will be part of the next test as well!

MenschMaschine

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 01:18:08 am »
°smiles° And thank YOU (meaning all developers) for giving us the opportunity to help you find Bugs and Inconveniences.
Also appreciated is quickly resolving the more nasty problems.

Now hurry back to your cubicles and make us the next Ultima Online... (no pressure °grins°)
No Berries!