New problem with a launcher [0.9.8 - 0.9.9, WinXP]

Started by Nitro, August 16, 2014, 12:57:49 AM

Nitro

Hi!

It is normal that the launcher will download the small patch (0.9.6b to 0.9.6c) and got an error. Offers to do a repair, and the re-download the full distribution of the game?

The same thing happened with the previous version (0.9.5 to 0.9.6b patch)

p.s. Lurler, thanks for the explanation about the radar, I did not see these features and still learn the game  :D

ai_enabled

Hello! No, it's not normal. Please upload logs from C:/Users/<your_name>/AppData/Local/AtomicTorchStudio/GameLauncher/Logs
Thanks for reporting!

Nitro

Good day !

Maybe this problem appears just on WinXP and i can see some trouble else. On WinXP the default 'application data' path is:  C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data  and  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data. I try to find the path  AtomicTorchStudio/GameLauncher/Logs but can find it on the logical disk with the game.

After i downloaded 'AtomicTorch GameLauncher.exe' from 'My Games & Items' section from atomictorch.com i put it in a folder F:\AtomicTorch GameLauncher and make a shortcut on desktop. In this folder with .exe, there was a directory named %LocalAppData%. And here i found logs folder and two hidden files '.master_auth_key' and '.settings'. By the way here are the logs (https://www.dropbox.com/s/wuclr86x4tgjick/Logs.zip). Finally a path to logs for me looks like this:  F:\AtomicTorch GameLauncher\%LocalAppData%\AtomicTorchStudio\Launcher\Logs.
  Game path founded here: F:\AtomicTorch\AtomicTorch GameLauncher\Games\VoidExpanse and download folder with zips: F:\AtomicTorch\AtomicTorch GameLauncher\Downloads

I may have done something wrong when launched file 'AtomicTorch GameLauncher.exe' but now it looks as I described.

ai_enabled

Thanks for logs! You right, it's an issue with the Windows XP compatibility. Will fix soon!
Regards!

Nitro

Patcher is fixed in 0.9.8 finally  :) it is normally update but some time game crash. logs here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfhgvn7wzut804k/2014-08-23_040214.zip?dl=0)

update: i add other logs (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ie1eukr9v7hxaqk/output_log.zip?dl=0) (if it needed)

Nitro

Hi!

I have the same problem as it was in previous versions so I resumed this topic.

When you update the game through the launcher from version 098 to 099 crashes. Downloaded patch file size is about 1.3 MB and the update does not occur. Repair button will appear and when you click on it starts downloading a full archive of the game (about 170MB). The screenshot (https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l50z3a63ysqsgm/loncher_098-099_update_error.jpg?dl=0) shows the download window.

p.s. After downloading the archive and update game from the launcher run normally.

ai_enabled

Hello! Yes, we know about this problem. It requires several modifications of the Game Launcher for supporting Windows XP. It's planned and I will notify you when issue finally fixed.

Nitro

Hello!
Thank you. I am glad that you are doing the game and make it better. I'll wait for the problem is fixed.  ;)

p.s. The problem does not appear in every update, so I decided to write about it. Eg from version 0.9.7 to 0.9.8 has been updated with no errors and after everything started.  :)

ai_enabled

Hello!
I just want to inform about progress with this issue.
New version of the Game Launcher with full support of Windows XP is under testing now. Expected release date - early next week.
Regards!

Nitro

Good day!

Great news! I can not wait as I can try a new launcher.   :)

ai_enabled

The AtomicTorch GameLauncher v0.9.7 is available now.
Please download it manually from the "My Games & Items" page (https://atomictorch.com/Account/MyItems), as auto-update functional may fail in the previous version(s).

IMPORTANT FOR WINDOWS XP USERS
The previous version under Windows XP tends to create some wrong folders like "%LocalAppData%\AtomicTorchStudio\Launcher\" near its executable (where all downloaded game files located). The new version will use path "C:/Documents and Settings/<username>/Application Data/AtomicTorchStudio" as the default path for data. So please manually move the VoidExpanse folder from previous location to the new location inside "AtomicTorch GameLauncher\Games\".

With v0.9.7 updates of the VoidExpanse should install without any issues.
Regards!

FlessenGreendart

On the note of the new launcher, I've noticed that it isn't persistent any more, so when I play VoidExpanse, and then quit, the launcher is gone.
Is this intentional?

I like to keep it there for the sake of quick access and launching when making mods, but as it stands at the moment, I need to relaunch it each time.

ai_enabled

I see... we will add an option for that. The default behavior will be "stay open after game launch".

ai_enabled

FlessenGreendart

Thank you so much for that!
I can see why people would want it to close after launch, and generally speaking, it does make sense. But it is helpful to have the option :)