Can't setup local game server

Started by Shjade, January 28, 2015, 10:37:58 PM

Shjade

After listing both the .exe and server.exe as exceptions, I tried disabling Windows Firewall and Avast! shields entirely. Still no dice.

"Frustrating" is a bit of an understatement at this point.

Any suggestions?

ai_enabled

Hello!
Could you try to launch the game server manually please? It's located at the game folder/Server_dotNET/VoidExpanse.Server.exe
If it runs successfully, please send us archive of the logs folder (Documents/AtomicTorchStudio/VoidExpanse/Logs) to help us investigate the issue.
Regards!

Shjade

Had another idea just as you posted this, my own silly fault for not thinking about it.

I'd added in a mod that I'd assumed would be irrelevant - just some art files for avatars - but apparently it was not. Confirmed adding/removing/re-adding, apparently that mod's not playing nice. No problem, then, just some extra avatar details anyway, no big loss.

Thanks for the quick reply, though! :D

ai_enabled

Good to know it was only a broken mod.
Thanks for reporting the problem. We will add mod validation message for that case.
Regards!

FlessenGreendart

Ah, that sounds like my expanded avatars mod, I will be updating my mods this coming weekend anyway, so hopefully it should be compatible with the latest versions of void expanse

Shjade

Quote from: ai_enabled on January 29, 2015, 12:11:57 AM
Good to know it was only a broken mod.
Thanks for reporting the problem. We will add mod validation message for that case.
Regards!

That'd be super! Would've saved me a little time having the reminder - I'd honestly forgotten I tried putting a mod in by that point. xD