Server/ Multiplayer suggestions

Started by PhoiniX, April 09, 2015, 04:50:16 AM

PhoiniX

Hi.

Love the game, and having played multiplayer the 2-3 days I was thinking of ways to improve multiplayer a little..

1.  A way of showing where players are: this could easily be done by creating a new column in the TAB menu.

2.  Different  colours for NPC's, players and party members on the minimap and system map. For example. NPC = Green, Players = Pink, Party members = Blue.

3.  A way to enable PVP only in areas where the tech and/ or difficulty level is higher than X. X being a number set on server. And possible include a default that is higher than faction space.
     Also, excluding PVP in faction space(don't know if that is in yet). This could possible be set for faction each so that you could still PVP in Xengatarn and pirate space.

4. A way for the Xengatarn to expand, with possible invisible hives a set number of systems from their HQ.
    This is mostly as some might destroy hives in multiplayer, leaving Xengatarn with less and less systems.
    Restrictions for placement of hives in an unclaimed system could for example be: Has to be neutral, have no station in it, and be more than 2-3 systems from nearest faction system.
    And there should probably also be a default timer, like 3-6 hours.

I know that you have addressed nr 4, in a previous post. but that was mainly concerning players conquering systems for their chosen faction. Some of the others may also have been asked for by others, but havent had time to check all posts yet. :)

jjs026

I was thinking the same thing the other day....there is no way of distinguishing between players and merchant vessels on the map.

Fully support this idea. Blue party members!  :D