24h is not enough! (claims, you know)

Started by Warbot, October 13, 2018, 01:57:55 PM

Warbot

(ofc, the time it takes for a claim to start taking damage/decay)

That 24h period is kinda bad,
if you were to be busy in RL or elsewhere, but you don't want to give up on your base in CryoFall,
you have to login once a day, that sounds kinda bad, and you have not much of a margin there.

Let's give you a reverse example.
Cooldowns in modern MMOs.
In ancient times, some "skills, abilities or effects, crafting,..." used to have 24h CDs,
yet, if you have to wait 24h in between, you will postpone it every day a little bit until you miss a day because of your need to sleep.
Therefore, it usually is 23h now instead of 24h, or something along that line.

I'd say the least should be 36h,
if you were to make it 2 days (which would probably be a good timeframe), I'd recommend actually using around 50h-60h instead of 48h due to aforementioned reasons.

...any other opinions regarding this issue?! :-)

ai_enabled

Sure, 24h is not enough, that's why it's longer.
Basically, it's Decay delay + Decay duration + Land claim building destruction timeout.

Decay delay (24 hours) is the countdown duration after which the land claim building starts decaying.

During the Decay duration (also 24 hours) the land claim building will take some constant damage every few minutes, eventually degrading it to 0% structure points.

If you or any other player from the land claim access list visit your land claim area during the Decay delay or the Decay duration, the decay will stop and the Decay delay (24 hours) countdown timer will restart.

After the land claim building is damaged to 0% (by decay or by taking damage from explosive or weapons - the reason doesn't matter), its own countdown timer will appear over it. It's called Land claim building destruction timeout and depends on the tier of the land claim building:
T1 - 8 hours
T2 - 24 hours
T3 - 36 hours
T4 - 48 hours
After that, it will be destroyed completely (if you don't repair the land claim building completely before that). Then other buildings will start decaying (after 24 hours delay with 24 hours decay duration, but you can't reset it unless you place a land claim - as only land claim areas are protecting all the buildings in the area from decay except the land claim building itself).

So you have at least 48+8 hours (T1) and up to 48+48 hours (T4) to repair the land claim building. And if you (or any other player from the access list) visit the land claim area during 48 hours since the last visit the decay timer will reset. You will definitely have a partially damaged land claim building if you visit your land claim area during 24-48 hours since the last visit.

If you're playing the game every day you don't have to worry about this - in the worst case, you will need to do some small repair only. If you're playing in a group it's even easier to keep your land claim from destruction.

Regards!

Warbot

Well, I meant 24h until you need to repair your (partly very expensive) claim(s)... is not enough, but thanks for the detailed info. ;)

Jpeasy

I think it is perfect :) even for me as a solo player who cannot play every day, just a quick log in does the job.

ThomasKR

it's truely perfect balanced, it make posible raid and claim resourse zones
i am planing a hit, b'cause a tier 1 claim 
i will destroy the doors and the claim, 8 hour later i will place a claim ang get all the layers of walls just for me  :D