Refinery changes

Started by dex.gamer, February 02, 2020, 11:56:10 AM

dex.gamer

Aside from my 'sand from stone' sadness, I also feel that we have been pushed back into a world relying on more wood and coal, since the new requirement to pull both gasoline and mineral oil out of the refinery at the same rate.

From a practical standpoint, I lived in a chemical plant town and my dad work for a refinery. Not every plant refined things in the same way and there was certainly waste if there was not a market for a product, so I think the old way of being able to just refine gasoline from a plant made sense. This forced change makes utilizing the more modern engine MUCH less efficient and more work/grind.

Lurler

Well, if you only need gasoline - you can use cracking recipe to turn mineral oil into more gasoline.

dex.gamer

Cracking recipe? What Tier?

Lurler

It is in T4 chemistry if I'm not mistaken.

dex.gamer

Yea, that doesn't really help either. I am still T3. Oh well, back to the steam engine for most things for a while. Thanks for the replies.

wyp020610

Just put a wood barrel beside the refinery. When you get the oil from the refinery, put the mineral oil into the barrel and then dump all the oil in the barrel.

ai_enabled

The change was done as many players asked us to ensure nothing is wasted (previously if any output liquid bar was full further processing resulted in the loss of this liquid).
The advice by @wyp020610 of keeping a barrel nearby is a good one! :-)

Regards!

yoxgit

Dumping it on the ground is also a waste as well as teaching bad environmental techniques.  I worked at a wd-40 plant and 100 gallons of concentrate spilled onto the ground and the EPA fined them significantly for not reporting even a "small" spill.  As of right now I have over 15 barrels of mineral oil cause I dont think dumping it is the right thing to do, guess I am wrong.

ai_enabled

@yoxgit, that's right. And the mineral oil is very useful in the game. You can also make gasoline from mineral oil (it requires 5 ingots of gold as a catalyst but you will get it back after the recipe is finished).