game freezes after playing for some time..

Started by Qtw, January 04, 2015, 01:56:21 PM

Qtw

after awhile of play...the game stops everything and i have to save and quit just to resume play...
for some reason i can still aim the turrets and open the menu to save....but thats all it lets me do.
its irritating and i have NO idea on what to do...
please help!

Lurler

Logs or it didn't happen!

I'm joking of course :) But seriously - there isn't much we can do without logs. So, if possible please share the logs folder from documents/atomictorchstudio/voidexpanse then we will be able to figure out what happened.

Qtw

Apologies but...how do i send you the logs?

Lurler

Oh, you could just upload them anywhere and share the link, or simply send them to us directly at atomictorch@gmail.com

ai_enabled

Hello!
Thank you for reporting. We've received the client and server log files.
Some critical improvements was implemented in the v0.16.0 to fight this issue. Also the game will display message if connection with the game server was dropped - useful for multiplayer, but of course this should not happen in the singleplayer mode. So, if this happens again in the singleplayer, please send us fresh (with the same day file date) logs of server and client.
Regards!

Qtw

THANK YOU!
you guys are kewl.
most devs including indie seem to just be about money.
(as far as i have seen)
but you guys are just awesome sauce. i have seen other devs be cool,but it tends to be rare.
glad to see you setting a good example.

Psychophobe

in response to Qtw - I've noticed here that AtomicTorch are very hands on with listening to and responding to game users, and it's immensely satisfying to pay for a game and play it and also get a strong sense that - through this forum - my thoughts and comments on the game are heard, but more than that; that the developers (lurler, ai_enabled, and the rest of you guys) do actually have conversations and ask questions about topics.

I've seen various topics with ideas from players and the developers have said "yep, that's cool it'll be in the next update" just like that, it's awesome.

It's a massive plus to the whole thing, I don't just play the game, but I'm part of where the game is going

Lurler

Thank you guys! This really means a lot to us.
VoidExpanse is still not very popular, but we are working very hard to make it happen and words like that inspire us to put even more efforts into it!