Author Topic: Stack Sizes  (Read 156 times)

Daitallica

• View Profile
Stack Sizes
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:11:45 pm »
Hi

I have changed some of the stack sizes,
however they only go up to the stack sizes when they are collected or crafted.

If I split them they will go back to their original stack sizes.
I have done this on the server and the client at the same time and it still doesn't work.

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Stack Sizes
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 04:30:02 am »
You need to ensure that you're actually using the game mod on the client and server. Otherwise, the client will be unaware of the changes you have done and will still use the old stack size limits.

Unfortunately, modding right now is a bit complicated as there is no easy way to install and configure mods.

Basically:
1. you have two separate ModsConfig.xml files (client and server!).
2. you have two separate core folders (client and server!!).
3. you have two separate mod folders (client and server!!!).

All are needs to be configured in exactly the same way... and you need to use exactly the same mod code for both the client and the server - there are two ways to achieve this - use a copy of the mod folder or make a symlink folder (so no need to copy it every time).

Exact locations:
1.1. ModsConfig.xml for Client is located at <client installation root>/Data (if you're NOT using the Launcher) or in the shared folder <your Documents>\AtomicTorchStudio\CryoFall (if you're USING the Launcher). So, depending on how you launch the game client, you need to edit a corresponding ModsConfig.xml file.
1.2. ModsConfig.xml for Server is always located at <server installation root>/Data.
2.1. Core: <client installation root>/Core (should be in the extracted form)
2.2. Core: <server installation root>/Core (should be in the extracted form)
3.1. Mods: <client installation root>/Data/Mods
3.2. Mods:<server installation root>/Data/Mods

I suggest making a symlink for both 3.1 and 3.2 to point on some folder so you don't have to copy it twice.

After these changes, both the client and the server should use exactly the same mods. To ensure that everything is configured properly, you can check the client and server log files - right at the beginning of the log file there are log info about all the data locations the client/server is using and also what the mods are configured/enabled.

Regards!

Daitallica

• View Profile
Re: Stack Sizes
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 05:54:06 am »
Got it all working now, thank you for the help!!!