Author Topic: CryoFall - General FAQ  (Read 218 times)

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
CryoFall - General FAQ
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:58:30 am »
So, it is time to work on this little FAQ to address most common questions that people are asking.
If you have any question that you think would be a good addition to the FAQ - please post it here and I will include it in this post.

Can I deconstruct buildings/structures?
Yes. You can deconstruct any building/structure inside your own land claim by using a crowbar.
You will not get any resources back.

Can I cancel blueprints?
Yes, you can cancel any blueprints by just holding the right mouse button over them. They don't even have to be on your land claim.
You will get ALL resources back.

What do land claims do?
They do the following:
- prevent other players from building anything inside of your land claim area
- prevent other players from deconstructing any building inside of your land claim area
- prevent other players from claiming any area that intersects with your existing land claim
- prevent other players from changing sign text and doing other miscellaneous unwelcome changes
- prevent other players from canceling your blueprints inside of your land claim area

Are there any advanced chat commands?
Yes, you can do:
- Add exclamation mark before your messages to use local chat, e.g. "! hi guys" (without quotes)
- You can right click on any message in chat to bring up menu with special commands such as mention or block

Are there any points of interest on the map?
Yes. There are many abandoned bases which can be explored for loot and rare items. It is protected by relatively strong monsters and also has radiation, so you might want to grab some appropriate protection and weapons.
All bases are separated by tier:
T1 - residential zones (green)
T2 - military (red) and industrial (brown) zones
T3 - scientific zones (blue)

I'm trapped/stuck! What can I do?
You can use "unstuck" command. To access it you can open your inventory and simply press the "Unstuck" button. You will have to wait for 5 minutes though without moving. This is to prevent abuse of this feature.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:20:07 am by Lurler »

Warbot

• View Profile
Re: CryoFall - General FAQ
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 04:40:01 am »
- land claims timers
- general decay timers
- decay-timer-refresh mechanic

- your own and "friends" claims can overlap

- who can access structures like chests and non-chest

- note the unstuck command (it's kinda hard to find even if you know it exists, due to it's unintuitive placement)

- some basics about rad bases, radiation, loot from there, radiation protection and countermeasures

- chat commands (is there only "!"? ...hopefully more to come)

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
Re: CryoFall - General FAQ
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:20:50 am »
@Warbot
Thanks! I updated the post to include additional information. I will add a bit more later, as I didn't answer everything yet. And I'm sure there are more questions too.