Author Topic: A Cancer Growing in this Game  (Read 715 times)

MilesD37

• View Profile
Re: A Cancer Growing in this Game
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 04:34:37 pm »
As to the PVP problem... While it's not a solution to griefing, for your violent types, maybe implement a system somewhat like I've seen in other games where players are tagged in someway.

For instance, in the old. DayZ mod (I don't know if it's a thing in the standalone, I only played it as an Arma mod) players that regularly kill other players would get tagged as bandits, but plays that healed others would get the medic tag instead.

Maybe doing something like this, so that when I play is coming up to you on the map you can get an idea of their type, and trustworthiness... Then it becomes a game of choices, want to be a serial killer? Go far it... But there are consequences to it.

Just an idea, definitely one that could be built on if you like

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 09:17:10 pm »
We will be trying several approaches to that specific problem in the coming versions. No worries, eventually we will discover what the best solution is. But please keep your suggestions coming, this is really useful! Even if we don't use something as-is it still could give us other ideas :)

mjgreenjr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 09:54:40 am »
Honestly, I only tried this game because I didn't see ANYTHING ANYWHERE saying it was pvp. Shocked me to play for 3 or 4 hours and then find myself dead and all my metals and what-not looted. You really need to advertise that little fact. If you ever have PvE servers I might try it again but I'm out for now. I don't do PvP.

Xargt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 03:57:34 pm »
Honestly, I only tried this game because I didn't see ANYTHING ANYWHERE saying it was pvp. Shocked me to play for 3 or 4 hours and then find myself dead and all my metals and what-not looted. You really need to advertise that little fact. If you ever have PvE servers I might try it again but I'm out for now. I don't do PvP.

This.

----

aside from important note above, I wish to add more ideas.

Rank System.
This will help separate newbies from veterans.

I also want to suggest:

As I understand right now that creatures and environment stuff aren't challenging enough because of the reason to welcome new players... (some don't even care to read or bother the Quest System that serves as tutorial. They have their reasons.)

I would like to see better AIs, better creatures, buff old ones (Movespeed etc) and other stuffs in a competitive PvP map.

For example,
I wish that these creatures we have right now can really protect their ground, that players will really have to kill them to get pass.

Example's example, imagine if all creatures have the same movespeed as player's max running speed... Creatures' chasing speed, not retreating speed..

edit:
this idea/hard difficulty is for a server that only welcomes veterans. Something like that.
Thanks.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:48:09 pm by Xargt »

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 09:22:57 pm »
I hate to do this, but I have to.
Guys - please remember that it is still an EARLY ALPHA version. All of what you mention here will come with time.
We released the game to public access just 1.5 months ago. We are working on all that stuff, but you have to be patient :)