Author Topic: List of ideas.  (Read 84 times)

Kraker

• View Profile
List of ideas.
« on: December 08, 2018, 04:41:47 am »
Hi. We've prepared with friends a list of things that we considered being not alright, ideas to resolve those, and some ideas of new additions. I'd like to see your opinion about it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jG_Dyogpq9DzxQDBldq7M9RyLtCJpGguSOOSsHUxnyY/edit?usp=sharing

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
Re: List of ideas.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 03:14:02 am »
Thank you for taking time to write such a detailed list of suggestions.
I've read the document several times and I agree that most of these are very on point.
Some of the things we are already planning, such as making the oil and Li deposits respawnable and depletable.
I also made some changes to a few other things such as skills - now the final skill level decreases number of hits needed to mine/chop by one.
I unfortunately can't commend on each individual point you mentioned, but I've added a good few of them in my todo list and implemented some of them already.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:20:04 am by Lurler »

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 03:55:42 am »
Thanks for reporting the bugs. One of them is fixed for the next update, another one is expected to be fixed with the new NoesisGUI version (will investigate after updating).

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 04:02:48 am »
6. Weapons right now auto-reload when their clip is empty. Why I can’t just burst my double barrel shotgun and swap to pistol for finish off?
That's a convenience feature. Probably we should improve that switching to another item will instantly cancel the reloading. This way we have both a convenience of auto-reloading with the ability to quickly switch to another weapon.

Warbot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 06:57:38 am »
That's a convenience feature. Probably we should improve that switching to another item will instantly cancel the reloading. This way we have both a convenience of auto-reloading with the ability to quickly switch to another weapon.

That's not necessarily a good feature, imagine someone with 10 double barrel shotguns in their hotbar and some possibly even mod-assisted firing,
or 10 muskets...

ai_enabled

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 07:03:03 am »
@Warbot, the idea is that you cannot fire any weapon until the cooldown of the previously fired weapon is finished. But yes, I agree with the possible exploit.
It could be fixed if we finally implement our initial idea that the item selection takes some time (accompanied by the character animation of removing the previous item and preparing the selected item).

Kraker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 08:38:55 am »
That's not necessarily a good feature, imagine someone with 10 double barrel shotguns in their hotbar and some possibly even mod-assisted firing,
or 10 muskets...

Still I can have 10 double barrel shotguns and shoot only one bullet each right now. However idea ai_enabled has given will definitely resolve the problem of such weapon swapping.

Warbot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:07:34 am »
BIG LOL @ the OP and his document, I just took a look...

"raiding someone does not return itself in resources spent, so what is the point in it"
Someone definitely not understands the general implications of raiding... and math... if you'd make a plus in most cases by the calculation of mats spent vs mats looted,
then there would be no point in not doing it, and looting every single base every few days.

B...b...b...but why else would I raid then?!?

First off, this is an alpha and there are no actual raid mechanics yet, and many many things have to be implemented yet and then balanced.
Focusing on balancing things before anything is implemented makes no sense btw, and if you even start to change vital things because of balancing to mitigate not-yet-implemented things, you'll end up ruining everything.
Well, main reasons for raiding someone:
- "RP-ing" that you are a "bad guy",
- personally not liking someone,
- cutting down the competition (I'd say this is the main reason right now, with the most return value, just not in an instant gratification way you would like to see it)
- gaining a certain type of mats/items, like, raiding a base that you suspect has a lot of what you currently need

As to the rest of the "document":
- written in a "I know what ALL the players think" attitude
- nothing substantial except the long known issues around lith/oil and some other, minor, again well known things
- HILLARIOUS "solutions" for various problems
- not even a slight idea of the various weapons, yet another "flint lock" guy -.-
- lots of micro tuning stuff that has not even been properly implemented yet (see above paragraph for why that is bad)

=> Dear devs, if you actually consider these ..."solutions" good, I seriously fear for the future of this game.