Author Topic: 9sMODs - Part 2.3 of 9.0 - RELEASED - Range Combat drones  (Read 310 times)

ninekorn

• View Profile
9sMODs - Part 2.3 of 9.0 - RELEASED - Range Combat drones
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:01:00 pm »
9sMODs part 1 of 9 Released - IN BETA VERSION - UNSTABLE... DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK.... REASON is the simple colliders that I am using for stations are incompatible with the farseer physics implementation. Until there is a fix, I'd have to remodel ALL of the station interiors to fit "I dont know" what type of parameters.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1766918802

Title: 9sMODs part 1 of 9
Author(s): ninekorn
Description: Station Interiors with the Galaxy Market
Mod version: 1.0.0
Game version: Latest
Game mode: singleplayer and multiplayer

The MOD includes:
-ALL stations INTERIORs (untextured)
-The Galaxy Market
-The ability to rebuild turrets (without a cost for now)
-The Onboard Ship Computer to access the Galaxy Market from your ship. Not really usefull for the moment unless you are a trader. It will be a MUST once the drones MOD is released though.

TODO list:
1. Correctly rotate the turrets that are defending the stations.
2. Texture the station Interiors
3. Put a price on the re-building of station turrets depending on the level of the station.
4. Check for compatibility with the Expansion Pariah's Bane. NOW COMPATIBLE AS OF PATCH 2.0
5. Placing lights inside of all stations where they are supposed to be.
6. There seems to still be a Collider Bug affecting the MOD. If you save the server each 5 minutes, you will only lose the difference because you will need to restart your server. I have made sure to modify polygon colliders to NOT touch any other polygon Colliders but the bug is still present. I will continue investigating.

EDIT:
*Quick fix for the station Interior Collider crash that doesn't even work... it seems that it might never have been the station colliders the issue but more the fact that many miner squads are spawned on top of each other and on the station colliders... I tried that and it doesn't work. I'm gonna have to keep seeking the culprit. But the bug is not reliably happening at the same time every time.

EDIT 2019-06-12
*Another quick fix - I completely removed the Polygon Colliders from the science station. Seems more stable now. Will continue testing.

EDIT 2019-06-13
*Another quick fix - All polygon Colliders of the Military Stations have been removed except 3. currently testing the server with ONLY military stations generated in the server. I will provide screenshots soon! ;)

EDIT 2019-06-14 - 01h18AM
*Latest FIX - I have completely refactored all Polygon Colliders of All station interior models so that no Polygon colliders touch any other types of Colliders. So the station interior colliders still contain Polygon Colliders, much more box colliders, as per the Physics Adjuster tool of Void Expanse. Will continue testing to see stability.

EDIT 2019-06-16 - 00h28
*Latest FIX - I thought I had completely removed the Mining Station Polygon colliders on the 12th of June but I had just refactored them to not be touching anything else and still it was crashing the server... After many attempts at trying other things I decided to go back to the mining station and remove ALL polygon colliders except one(all stations have 1 polygon collider). Finally something stable happened. I will be leaving my private server online tonight to see how stable it is.

EDIT 2019-06-16 - 02h28
*Latest FIX - NOT UPDATED ON STEAM YET - Still unstable so i removed ALL of the station Interior Polygon Colliders that ever existed in the stations interior scripts. Testing right now.

EDIT 2019-06-16 - 02h28
No polygon colliders. Increased Physics calculations to try and increase the occurrence of the bug...

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:25:15 am by ninekorn »

Lurler

• AtomicTorch Founder
    • View Profile
Re: 9s/\/\()|)s - Part 1 of 9 - RELEASED - IN ALPHA VERSION
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 04:38:58 am »
Can you share some screenshots? :)

ninekorn

• View Profile
Re: 9s/\/\()|)s - Part 1 of 9 - RELEASED - IN BETA VERSION - UNSTABLE...
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 09:10:39 pm »
UNSTABLE... DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK.... REASON is the simple colliders that I am using for stations are incompatible with the farseer physics implementation in Void Expanse. Until there is a fix, I'd have to remodel ALL of the station interiors to fit "I dont know" what type of parameters for the colliders to be compatible. I'm leaving the download there for the moment.

ninekorn

• View Profile
Re: COMBAT DRONES UPDATE - 9s/\/\()|)s - Part 2.0 of 9.0
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:04:57 am »
RELEASED: 9s/\/\()|)s - Part 2.0 of 9.0

9sMODs part 1 of 9 was a failure because the station interior models and colliders were not compatible with the current physics library.

9sMODs part 2.0 of 9.0 is a reroll to the original stations just made bigger. BUT all prior functionalities that were added in part 1 of 9 are STILL inside the game and they are better now.

NEW: Combat Drones are now accessible.

LIST OF STUFF:
  • Players can add each other to a list of friendlies with the OnBoard Computer. This makes it so that the drones will NOT attack at will your friendlies. You can also remove friendlies at any time
  • Players have the ability to Release and Recover up to 11 different types of Drones. Current Drone Weapon Types are Ballistic and Energy and drones are only using the "Close Combat (cc) technique" for the moment. "Range Combat (RC)" will be available in future updates.
  • The drones have a maximum distance of combat of 25 InGame Units from the player. After that, they go back in formation. Once their current target dies, they go back in formation unless other enemies are close. Once an enemy ship comes into range, they automatically go attack the enemy.
  • The drones "kills" give experience to the owner player.
  • The collision between the same player drones or between the player and drones that are owed by that same player are nullified.
  • Players have the ability to reconstruct Station Turrets at a certain price depending on the System Danger Level and Tech Level of Stations.
  • The Galaxy Market is available from INSIDE the station or from your own ship if you purchase the OnBoard Computer at any stations inGame.
  • You need to purchase an OnBoard computer to have the ability to Release Drones.
  • The Mod Is Compatible with the expansion the Pariah's Bane
  • It works in Multiplayer
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 01:31:08 am by ninekorn »

ninekorn

• View Profile
Re: COMBAT DRONES RELEASED - 9s/\/\()|)s - Part 2.0 of 9.0
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 11:41:05 am »
NEW UPDATE - 9s/\/\()|)s - Part 2.1 of 9.0

Ability to spawn Repair Drones.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 01:30:45 am by ninekorn »

ninekorn

• View Profile
Re: COMBAT + REPAIR DRONES - 9s/\/\()|)s - Part 2.1 of 9.0
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 03:56:00 am »
NEW UPDATE - 9s/\/\()|)s - Part 2.1 of 9.0

Ability to spawn Mining Drones.

LIST OF STUFF:
  • I added the ability to Release and Recover drones with the inventory items beeing removed and added accordingly
  • fixed a couple bugs in the repair drones release.

TODO
  • Add scopeShips to the pathfind of the mining drones so that the drones are not hitting each other when going to mine.
  • Replace npc.InstantStop with npc.Stop so that the mining drones motion are less jerky when approaching an asteroid.
  • Change this version number to part 2.2 because i forgot to only change the version but DID UPDATE THE FILES ON STEAM
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 04:01:36 am by ninekorn »

ninekorn

• View Profile
Re: ALL DRONES ARE IN THIS MOD - 9sMODs - Part 2.2 of 9.0 - RELEASED
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 06:59:24 pm »
9sMODs - Part 2.2 of 9.0 - RELEASED

Fixed a few bugs:
1. The drone faction was non-existent and was showing as a red square instead of "Neutrals". Fixed it.
2. The mining drone AI wasnt working when the drone started mining and that the player was getting 25 units away, the mining drone was going back and forth to the last asteroid and back to the player infinitely. Now fixed easily.
3.Cleaned the Title of the drones that show up in the store so that they don't include the character "_" (underscore).
4. I had forgotten to add the option to select a mining drone to go back to player to deposit its cargo but the option was there in the onBoard Computer. Now the option is added and works perfectly.

ninekorn

• View Profile
Re: ALL DRONES ARE IN THIS MOD - 9sMODs - Part 2.2 of 9.0 - RELEASED
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 09:19:31 pm »
The drone MOD is not at it's last version .I will create other drones very soon as now it's just a matter of creating assets which very easy to do. But before I do that, I want to create the infinite Item Generator that I've been talking about for a while on the forum. For such a long time, I was working and trying to make a better version of the drone AI and finally I've reached the part where I was ready to release it. It's still "not totally polished", but I can really easily add different "combat techniques". You can see in the "SC_AI_Drone_Combat_cc_Rout_Co m_Att_Tec2_1.js" scripts from 1 to 5 and "SC_AI_Drone_Combat_cc_Rout_Co m_Att_Tec3_1" from 1 to 5 that those scripts are for the "combat techniques". The combat techniques can be chosen randomly or not with the script "SC_AI_Drone_Combat_cc_Rout_Co m_Att_1.js". The reason that there is so many libraries now, was that It was the only way that I have found to make this work without "a huge hit" on the performance. If ALL of those scripts were combined into 1, all drones would be accessing a script that would be 3000-4000 lines long. It wouldve been lagging much more when creating drones for the first time when you are spawned in the server, so much so that there would have been a "thread lag error" in the console. Also, by making it so that the drones at Formation 1 are using the series of script ending with 1, makes it so that the scripts are holding ONLY the data of drones that are in Formation 1 and so on for Formation 2 to 5. In order to make this happen for Multiplayer, I had to create an array of Global Index that is seen in the script "SC_AI_Drone_Manager_Utilities .js" and in the "drone_manager" for "Combat/Mining/Repair".

This method works but it can be improved. I will work later on improving the scripts and adding much more content of drones as it is now easy since we now have the basics of Releasing/Retrieving drones that works for all players in multiplayer.

N.B If you like this MOD, please comment on it on the steam workshop webpage for that MOD or in this thread. It can only make me understand your needs and improve this MOD so that it becomes way better in the future. I do have other ideas for drones like "ramming drones/Tank Drones for taking lots of damage/shield regen drones/etc". Tell me if you like the current MOD!

172 scripts so far to make the whole thing work, but the Void Expanse Engine can handle it. Much more are coming anyway. 60 more Library scripts will be required in order for the RC drones to be implemented. It can take me about 1-2 hours to do it so If any of you want me to rush it, please ask here. Otherwise, I really want to start working on the Items Generator. But the RC drones contain the "Particle Ray weapon" that is in the original game and also the "Gauss Cannon" that both do more damage than the other conventional Drone Weapons. A fix is coming soon also for the huge damage output that the  "Ballistic Burst Cannon" is doing... I forgot to fix the damage of one of the bullets that does 200 damage instead of 4 damage.

PLEASE NOTE THAT CURRENTLY, THE DRONES ONLY GAIN LEVELS WHEN THEY ARE BEEING RETRIEVED AND THEN RELEASED. OTHERWISE, THEY WILL STAY AT THE LEVEL THAT THEY FIRST SPAWNED AT. I AM NOT EVEN SURE THAT I CAN INCREASE THE LEVEL OF NPCS WITHOUT RETRIEVING THEM FIRST (REMOVE) FROM THE GAME. I WILL HAVE TO STUDY THE ORIGINAL SCRIPTS A BIT MORE FOR THAT.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:32:43 pm by ninekorn »

ninekorn

• View Profile
Re: 9sMODs - Part 2.3 of 9.0 - RELEASED - Range Combat drones
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 10:06:20 am »
9sMODs - Part 2.3 of 9.0 - RELEASED

Range Combat (RC) Drones Update.

You now have access to spawning Range Combat Drones. Right now, they use the exact same combat technique and are NOT shooting further away than the close combat (cc) drones. But they have different damage types like Particle Discharge and Guided/Unguided Missiles and Gauss Canon.

Please give feedback if you played the MOD whether you liked it or not. This is not the final version, as you probably noticed, that the drones all cost the same amount of Ingame currency. Also, currently, all drones are not "smart" enough to notice if other friendly drones are in their sight when they shoot. Also, i will soon finalize the pathfinding for the mining drones as right now, a path is discovered for them but the path doesnt exclude unwalkable tiles. Those will be changed in future patches.   ;)

Drone Combat With 2 repair Drones, 1 Combat Energy machine Gun drone, 1 laser combat Laser Drone, 1 Particle discharge combat Drone In combat against enemy

3 mining drones mining some asteroids + 1 repair drone + 1 laser combat drone getting attacked
part 1 of 6

part 2 of 6

part 3 of 6

part 4 of 6

part 5 of 6

part 6 of 6

Drone Combat With 2 repair Drones, 1 Combat Ballistic machine Gun drone , 1 combat Laser Drone, 1 Guided Missile combat drone
part 1 of 3 - Guided missile on top of planet - drone missed his shot

part 2 of 3 - missile hitting enemy

part 3 of 3 - peaceful mining

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:35:50 pm by ninekorn »