The Merchant, the Farmer

Started by Ultum, May 05, 2020, 03:33:21 PM

Ultum

I think this game has great potential and understand it was developed with PVP in mind, and the team has been adding PVE features, which has been great.

Here are two proposals for additional PVE features to cater to players that want to farm (or just be merchants) more than be fighters.

1) Remove Prag requirement from solar panel (make some sort of non-Prag silicon recipe instead?)
2) T IV non-Prag Deep Mining tool that can obtain Prag from anywhere

Just wanted to throw these out there, having a lot of fun, but avoiding a large percentage of technology still due to Prag requirements.

ai_enabled

Hello!

With the recent patch, we've made pragmium much more available in the desert.
You can find the details here
https://steamcommunity.com/app/829590/discussions/2/2259062250965368350/
Furthermore, there are two volcano areas to obtain it. The idea is that this resource is reasonably scarce. PvE players who don't enjoy fighting creatures could buy it from other playersΓÇöhopefully at a reasonable price thanks to the recent changes making it more available.

Regarding the solar panelsΓÇöthey're reasonably priced, most players just never used them to understand how long-lasting they are. Plus 4 broken panels could be recycled into a new one further increasing the efficiency. So it's a large initial investment but it's paying out very well.

Regards!

Ultum

Thank you, as always, for the reply and for taking time to read my suggestion.

I guess I was thinking the volcano option is out for crafters due to all the gear required (a path not necessary for a merchant or a farmer) and I haven't personally enjoyed crawling through the desert for Prag using up my existing Prag fuel source, feels a little too tight on requirements.

The Trade Stations have been good, guess it's a matter of the price of Prag being low enough to justify buying large quantities, but I will point out, if that doesn't happen, then there's no solution to my point.

Either way, I do appreciate you took the time to respond.

gigafunk

Farmers and merchants should have to trade their goods to fighter types to get prag. Fighter types should collect prag and use it to buy gear and food.  That only works with a good economy, so for small pops you need to find a fighter type person that does not like farming to trade with.

Otherwise,  I collected 250 prag from the desert in about 3 hours with a hover and MAYBE 10% fuel and a laser pistol and 10 charges.  If your on a PVE server, there is not much stopping you from that(maybe other people getting them, I was on an empty pvp server) , if your pvp, your going to need a group or at least a partner to survive the month anyhow. 250 prag is at 15-16 solar panels. 7 days worth of ALOT of power and no wood chopping. 14 days of a little less power.

Prag is supposed to be hard.