Pragmium balance

Started by Bane, June 04, 2020, 05:51:07 PM

Bane

About the pragmium at vulcan got obsolete cause at desert is much more easyer to get pragmium spending much less resource. My sugestion is to make vulcan biome more attractive. Like giving more ruin boxs and pragmium at run and maybe a small boss over the vulcan with a good drop, that you could kill at tec 3 (tier 3) with 2 people. Remember good challenge = good reward.

MGS

Quote from: Bane on June 04, 2020, 05:51:07 PM
About the pragmium at vulcan got obsolete cause at desert is much more easyer to get pragmium spending much less resource. My sugestion is to make vulcan biome more attractive. Like giving more ruin boxs and pragmium at run and maybe a small boss over the vulcan with a good drop, that you could kill at tec 3 (tier 3) with 2 people. Remember good challenge = good reward.

Im sorry but i have to disagree with you again. I play at busy times and prag on dessert is contested at this time.

I prefer to hit the northeast volcano. With cybernetics heal and nano armor, superheavy armor and laserrifle its a walk in the park. I usually hit it and wait around 10 mins or so for respawn. 2 rounds gets me close to 90 pragmium. Total 30 mins.

If there is a lower player count then i usually hit the desert. Actually my strategy is to start from south of desert then work my way up north to volcano. I usually pick up 2 spires along the way. In total my operation get me closen to 150 pragmium.

Sometime i just camp on the rim of the volcano and login every half hour and  clean up the pragmium.

ai_enabled

We're considering how to improve the volcanoes in A27 Update. The changes are anyway necessary as A27 will also introduce a new deviceΓÇöPragmium sensorΓÇöthat you can use to faster find the pragmium spires in the desert.

Regards!

MGS

Quote from: ai_enabled on June 06, 2020, 05:42:56 PM
We're considering how to improve the volcanoes in A27 Update. The changes are anyway necessary as A27 will also introduce a new deviceΓÇöPragmium sensorΓÇöthat you can use to faster find the pragmium spires in the desert.

Regards!

Currently there is no motivation to hit the east volcano .

It spawn less pragmium then the NE one.  The NE volcano is a much more attractive option.

Please dont make it "easier" as currently around mid game to enter you need to equip a lot of meds to make  a successfull run. With cybernetics and t4 superheavy armor it get easy. Thus less people come here usually end game players.

Its nice to have an area rewarding players with more experience.

If anything maybe make the east volcano more accesible since it drop less prag ?

Im more than happy for your to add more prag to each area though :D

Bane

Maybe "Pragmium sensor" could be add at end game at tier 4, cause you need tons of prag to maintain stuffs.
I will love to see  improve the volcanoes in A27 Update ^^
Usually people go out to do the run in 2 people, would be nice to have a small boss to kill with 1 hour of boss respaw or something like that.

ai_enabled

We're certainly not looking to make the volcanoes easier as they are already pretty challenging and fun to visit. But balancing the reward is important especially considering the A27-related improvements.

The pragmium scanner is likely to be a T3 or T4 basic itemΓÇödepending on whether A27 will actually use significant pragmium in T3 now. The upcoming A27 update will introduce fuel cells (including gasoline ones) so to use a hoverboard players will not need to spend any pragmium (unless they want to a pragmium power cells will last much longer).

Regards!