Queen event

Started by Karsthans, February 01, 2021, 06:36:50 PM

Karsthans

Hi ;D ,

I noticed something or think confirmed it this last try at queen event, damage done to beetles apparently, does not count towards reward calculation :-\ . I know this might be intentional, to avoid abuse, however, if so couldn't it reset every time players moved out of event area, so that players didn't build up damage by running in and out or maybe have some block mechanic to once started players either killed or were killed to open up area again. I did make note :-X of this since players "tanking" and those helping "tank" with beetles, "lose" to those that just focus on "boss", this rewards those that help less and should, in my opinion, be reviewed, since the "tank" and those playing in cooperative way allow for a more fun and easy experience for others, that in my opinion :P .

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Hello!
Damage to boss minions (such as beetles and thumpers) does count towards the reward in exactly the same way as the damage to the boss.
There are two things that may affect your reward if you're focusing mostly on beetles:
1. The beetle's HP is quite low in comparison to the boss HP. The boss can absorb an incredible amount of damage in comparison to its minions. And the total dealt damage amount is directly corresponding to your reward score.
2. Players that participated closer to the boss defeat moment are rewarded more greatly than those that participated earlier (especially 2+ minutes earlier). This is intentional as otherwise there were cases when some party of players almost killed the boss but went away to let the boss heal (sometimes repeating this loop several times!), and the next unaware party killed the boss like it was fresh just to find out that suddenly they don't get full loot as their participation score was considered similar to that of the previous party, or even lower.

Bottom line: players are advised to focus fire on the boss whenever possible instead of killing only the boss minions. By focusing damage on the boss immediately after killing the minions, you will get a much higher total damage and so increase your participation score.
If you're playing as a single team, you can ignore this advice and just negotiate the split ratio of all the received rewards with the team members afterward the event.

Regards!

Mars

This is actually bad, minions usually go all on 1 mech, this guy will get less damage on the boss and more damage then others on his mech.  When you help the mech near you to kill their minions, you get less damage on the boss so ppl usually won't help you with minions...  minions damage count should be buffed a lot, it would give another dynamic to the queen fight if minions were rewarding.

Karsthans

Hi,

I agree with previews comment, balance is off when players that, when there is few players joining, "tank", suffer for this when should be rewarded, "tanking" and "healing", in that that have "healing, hint that is a lot of fun so some sort of combat mechanic or medic could be interesting in this game, reference on planetside game, anyway, players in this game are very casual, not necessary a bad thing, its fun to have games with light requirements, but they get away with just spamming one button, fire, then get loot, issue is when players joining event are only two to four, depending on their awareness and vehicle skill level, taking turns on "tanking" is required, most just ignore, even when asked, to take over for "tank" when gets low on health, without some way to "punish" lack of cooperation play, it promotes selfish playstyle by rewarding it higher chance of loot and score. I am not able to think of a simple solution, however, having a full reset to score on each failed attempt, witch is tricky to do, then consider including damage taken to score, could allow a more cooperative experience. I also like to note that after a good number of "boss" events done, damage on different mechs, weapons and ammo, apparently show a single path for high damage, manul, heavy autocannon with .300 armor-piercing ammo as easy and almost sure way to have highest damage, this makes all other options, including behemoth and artillery that are higher tier, that in theory should be main damage, more or less pointless, this in player versus environment, some balance could also be helpful there,

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Thank you for your feedback, guys!

I forgot to reply here but we've actually greatly increased how the damage to minions is counted towards the boss score for the upcoming A30 Update. And, as I've mentioned in another topic, there will be a preparation timer to let everyone arrive in the event location before the boss spawns, and perhaps some other improvements! (We're considering the dynamic boss difficulty (HP and loot scale) based on the number of players gathered near the event area before the boss spawns, to prevent the problem when a dozen of mechs arrive and kill the boss instantly without any fun and challenge)

@Karsthans, your suggestions are interesting. We will consider improvements and balance adjustment. As usual, we will have a chance to experiment with this during the experimental version (A30 experimental will launch later this month).

Regards!

celinedion

Quote from: Karsthans on February 01, 2021, 06:36:50 PM
Hi ;D ,

I noticed something or think confirmed it this last try at queen event, damage done to beetles apparently, does not count towards reward calculation :-\ . I know this might be intentional, to avoid abuse, however, if so couldn't it reset every time players moved out of event area, so that players didn't build up damage by running in and out or maybe have some block mechanic to once started players either killed or were killed to open up area again. I did make note :-X of this since players "tanking" and those helping "tank" with beetles, "lose" to those that just focus on "boss", this rewards those that help less and should, in my opinion, be reviewed, since the "tank" and those playing in cooperative way allow for a more fun and easy experience for others, that in my opinion :P .

Thanks.
mapquest driving directions (https://mapquestdrivingdirections.app)

Pretty good suggestion. The damage reset every time players moved out of the event area. This would prevent players from accumulating damage by repeatedly entering and exiting the area.

ai_enabled

Quote from: celinedion on May 18, 2023, 01:44:41 AM
Pretty good suggestion. The damage reset every time players moved out of the event area. This would prevent players from accumulating damage by repeatedly entering and exiting the area.
I've replied regarding this above. Currently you cannot accumulate damage by repeatedly entering and exiting the area as during the reward calculation the damage dealt to the boss and its minions is considered only for the last ~2 minutes of the battle (so you simply don't have much time to go out and come back repeatedly while dealing a considerable damage):
"2. Players that participated closer to the boss defeat moment are rewarded more greatly than those that participated earlier (especially 2+ minutes earlier). This is intentional as otherwise there were cases when some party of players almost killed the boss but went away to let the boss heal (sometimes repeating this loop several times!), and the next unaware party killed the boss like it was fresh just to find out that suddenly they don't get full loot as their participation score was considered similar to that of the previous party, or even lower."

Regards!