Map markers

Started by BoomerSVK, November 17, 2020, 03:31:18 AM

BoomerSVK

Hello all,

Upon having played a Cryosmall server with my buddy who joined me basically when my base was already built up and I was at Tier 5, I have come to long for an option like this.

Say I want to mark specific places on the map that he could see (even if they are in the unexplored, black areas, for him) and go towards.
This would show the same way other land claims show up on your map (as blue flags).

I imagine multiple colours to choose from and the possibility to add a simple comment to the marker (like "danger") or something.
Sharing coordinates in the chat is rather uncomfortable and clunky.

Even before my buddy joined me, I imagined I could use this to map the area around me. For example if I discover a base of a dangerous player, I can mark it on my map, so I can avoid it if I want to. With more and more players it would be impossible to remember where all the bases are and this could allow each player to map out the game area and fill it with markers and pointers.

Does this make sense and what do you think?

b.

ai_enabled

Hello!

Sounds great! We're looking forward to implement this feature in the future updates. It was also suggested in this topic https://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=1470.0

Regards!

Thorne

I'd love to see this as well. Ideally with an arrow on the screen. That way I can mark a target location and let the arrow guide me there.