Floater not Despawning

Started by TheHemogoblin, May 07, 2020, 12:41:38 PM

TheHemogoblin

During a Native Life Form event during which my home was in the center of the event zone, I had two Floaters end up at two of my doors. I walked too close to one of the doors and the Floater entered. Once it killed me, I respawned in my bed and luckily, it was out of range, off-screen. I went AFK until a little while after the event ended and once I returned, I left the bed area to find the Floater still in my home. I don't know if this is a bug, per se but it was inconvenient lol

The previous night, while again in the center of the event zone, a Floater followed me into my home and ended up right beside my bed, and spawn camped me haha. I tried respawning near my bed instead, but fell victim to a different Floater.

I understand that not allowing mobs into your house isn't really mechanically sound as one could open a door and kill the mob from inside. Although with Floaters, as they are an event mob and are also ranged, it may make sense to allow an attack to penetrate a base if a door is open, so there is still danger if you attempt the above exploit.

*shrugs*