Main Menu

Colliders

Started by Salvick, June 14, 2020, 02:43:14 PM

Salvick

Hello Lurler and ai_enabled,

Edit: Sorry for posting this in the bugs report section as I didn't know where else this could belong.

I was wondering if some colliders might need some rework unless these are meant to work this way, but if it is welcomed I'm going to post some screenshots of where I've found some issues moving around objects in a new map I'm attempting to design from scratch.

While some of these might not represent an actual issue I'm posting a few that I believe could allow some better circulation around and between these:

1] Barriers. Though I'd rather use the barriers to block the way as it is actually working I think I could bring this particular situation where it doesn't allow a consistent positioning when interacting with other buildings:

Here is an example of the asymmetry when using the barriers this way which is why I would like to have the vertically-flipped version or either a centered one for aesthetic purposes:

2] Crates Pile. Here I think it could allow to walk around when placed close to a wall this way. But that might be also related to the walls as I'll show in the next pictures below this one:

3] Ruins Walls. I found what might be a bit inconsistent, in my opinion it could be nice to have the rest of the walls with the small collider as in the junctions and corners so you can sort of hide a little bit behind these:

4] Flowerbed. As shown in this picture, this could be more a thing of the Construction Blocks object than the flowerbed but since this position of these items allows circulation in the top side I thought it could be considered for improved circulation either adjusting the bottom of the blocks or the top of the flowerbed:

If the flowerbed would allow walking between the top side and a building could be nice:

5] Pool. The bottom pieces and probably also the laterals seems to have a wide space before reaching the actual border, this also stopped me from placing other items in the next tile below a pool as I'll show you in the other image below this one:

6] Barrels. Here I think we have a set of items that combined with the barrels are blocking the path but although I've been bringing these other items in the previous images it looks like the wooden pallet in the base of the barrels is drawn in a way that could make sense if the collider box is reduced slightly, allowing finally to gain circulation around a bunch of different objects:

I hope this helps a bit to improve these items and I'll keep an eye for anything else I found to update this post some other time if needed.

I'm attempting some complex locations for a map design and sorting all these items in different ways allows for wider creativity when it comes to give better immersion to the map I'm working on.

Regards!

ai_enabled

Hello!

Thanks for reporting!
Added to our tasks list to fix.

Regards!

Salvick

I'm glad it helps, thank you indeed guys.

Reconsidering the ones about the green barrels, I'm not sure if these are meant to block the way vertically as they do horizontally but I believe it actually serves a purpose with the way it blocks when placed in either direction. But that's up to you ofc.

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Some of these issues were fixed for A27 but others are "by design"...e.g. the ruins walls are made not like regular (player-built) walls, so they have odd collision boxes and they could not be reworked without changing the art completely.

Regards!