"Boss" event timer

Started by Karsthans, February 02, 2021, 10:06:28 PM

Karsthans

Hi,

I saw someone else mention this in game, credit goes to them ;) , though could be valid change to current queen and tyrant events, what if there was no de spawn timer :-X , if those two and future "boss" fight events, would spawn on a three hour timer but stay active until boss is killed, then start timer and so on, this could fix issues of spawns when number of players online is very low and not "force" players to rush to beat time limit, even if timer is long, if players come online late can happen. I can see it being harder to guess next spawn, but a system to hint, like kingdom game, where once destroyed enemy spawn gate slowly rebuild to have visual hint of progress until next spawn or maybe as simple as a timer visible to all online or could be some sort of astronomy hint, like moon phases or daylight light variation with possibility of a "hard" mode once in a long while or when boss stays alive for too long or during something like red moon, it would enraged ;D for added challenge, loot or achievement, anyway just some thoughts ::) .

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Hello,

thank you for your ideas! We will consider them, but I don't think that such changes will actually improve anything significantly, and the never-ending event notification defeats the whole purpose of the notification (people will just stop paying attention to it) and may even become an irritation to players that don't wish to participate in the event but see the notification being stuck for hours.

I believe, the final solution to the boss event to make it good in PvE would be to introduce separate dungeon-like instanced boss locations and establish a limit (e.g. you cannot participate in the boss event more than once a day). This way anyone on the server can gather their team members and go to attempt defeating the boss at any time they find convenient, once a day. However, this would require us to introduce two essential features first (that we also considering implementing eventually)ΓÇöthe interior cells (e.g. caves, bunkers, labs) and their instancing (for PvE-style raids, and boss battles).

Regards!

Karsthans

Hi,

I like to first thank you for replies :) ,  it is amazing to have replies from developers to show that they are there and care about their project 8) .
I agree timer is annoying, but just like to note that, being fair can dismiss it, still, we do get a timers, for all online players during events, so yes it is irritating :P . I still think a way around having one hour every few hours to get event done, in my opinion, having "boss" stay until killed and then have timer start would allow for more players to coordinate attacking it and some way to know next spawn would be small price to pay for that. I also saw in other games system that could also be alternative, some pre event where progress bar shared by all online prompts event to happen, like kill x "small" enemies at "boss" event area and then boss spawns or craft x items, anyway just another thought.
I did see in trello the building access plan feature, it would be very good ;D I agree and only reason made this suggestion is, don┬┤t know actual engine, but am guessing that is a major change and while amazing in theory, could use a "quick fix" and that is why thought would post a few suggestion :D .

Thanks.