Started by gaara, August 06, 2020, 12:49:35 AM

gaara

euro pve 1

why its decrased amount from nodes?
10-11 to now 6-7

??????

ai_enabled

Hello!
There was indeed a change but it's not intended. The code of the droplists for each type of mineral didn't change but the underlying code how a list is built got a change. Earlier if there was only random amount specified (as is the case with Prospecting skill/perk for additional yield) it's also added additional 1 item as there was no non-random amount specified and the game assumed it should be 1 when in fact @Lurler expected it to be zero.

I'm not sure yet how we should deal with it as it's definitely a balance-changing and unexpected change for the players. @Lurler will decide soon.

Regards!

ai_enabled

The patch is coming up in an hour. Enjoy! :-)

gaara

heya again

i notice that other resources have reduced rate
[ euro 1 ,mining skill 20, use steel mining pick ].. its now 5-6(and was 7-8) x4 times  ... 13-14(finish strike)
[euro 2 test char, skill 0, use basic mining pick]... its 5, 5, 5, 5, 10

mining skill says +50%, and additional loot....(50% x 5 = 2.5)... so.. skill not work

gaara

ai_enabled

@gaara, there is no +50% additional yield with the mining skill, it's called "Chance to have additional yield"ΓÇöjust a chance to get a random amount of additional yield. Perhaps you're confusing it with +50% bonus for the mining speed? But it's for the speed only so you can mine faster.

The amount of ore you get is slightly reduced in that patch (more on the actual number later) and Lurler decided to keep it this way when I've presented him all the info earlier (at the time of my first message in this topic). We've increased it back for coal only to keep the carefully adjusted power generation balance.

Technically, the difference is +1 ore for every mining stage (there are four stages including the final one) so in the worst case, you get 4 less ore from a mineral.
E. g. for copper before it was (per mining stage) 5 guaranteed ore + 1 guaranteed ore (only if you have Mining/Prospecting skill with the perk) + 1 random ore (only if you have Mining/Prospecting skill with the perk). Now "+ 1 guaranteed" removed but "+ 1 random" is kept.
"+ 1 guaranteed" amount with skill was never intendedΓÇöit was a bug in the item roll method (as I've explained in my first message in the current topic). The skill says "Chance to have additional yield" not "A guaranteed additional yield".
For the final stage of mining copper, the difference is even less significant. E. g. before it was (per mining stage) 10 guaranteed ore + 1 guaranteed ore (only if you have Mining/Prospecting skill with the perk) + 5 random ore (only if you have Mining/Prospecting skill with the perk). Again, now "+ 1 guaranteed" removed but "+ 5 random" is kept. So for the final strike you currently could get 10-15 copper ore instead of 11-16 (as it was before the change) assuming you have the skill with the perk.
So before the patch (if you had a skill) it was (5+1)*3 + 10 + 1 = 29 ore, plus a random amount up to 1*3 + 5 = 8 ΓÇö total 29-37 ore (assuming you have the perk). After the change, it's 4 less so it's 25-33 ore.
The difference is 4 ores per mining stage for some minerals like copper (four stages total, one ore less per mining stage including the final one as each stage provided extra 1 ore if you have a perk "Chance to have additional yield"). We decided to keep it this way as Lurler doesn't find the difference significant (and during his further PvE playtesting over the last weeks he tested this well). Mining in A27 is already much faster thanks to mining drones.

If you think the Prospecting skill got nerfed signficantly with this patchΓÇöit doesn't, as you still could mine up to +50% faster (which is big improvement alone, plus you can use better mining tools and several drones to make it much faster) and with the perk get significantly more ore that the player with 0 skill level (e.g. for copper now it would be 25 ore per mineral while a player with perk could get up to 8 additional ore).

For reference, Github links:
- Skill Prospecting (https://github.com/AtomicTorchStudio/CryoFall/blob/3e11f0779b2025ae56d1525c439ec2d600e3aa2d/Core.cpk/Scripts/Skills/Skills/Production/SkillProspecting.cs)
- Mineral Coal (https://github.com/AtomicTorchStudio/CryoFall/blob/3e11f0779b2025ae56d1525c439ec2d600e3aa2d/Core.cpk/Scripts/StaticObjects/Minerals/ObjectMineralCopper.cs)
- Mineral Copper (https://github.com/AtomicTorchStudio/CryoFall/blob/3e11f0779b2025ae56d1525c439ec2d600e3aa2d/Core.cpk/Scripts/StaticObjects/Minerals/ObjectMineralCopper.cs)
(you can find code for other minerals in the same folder, just press "Go to file")

Regards!