State of the Game? Roadmap info, dev news, etc

Started by jeeplaw, December 04, 2014, 07:13:03 AM

jeeplaw

Hey guys,
Just perusing the forums and noticed not a ton of activity dev side, figured it was because you were/are getting the steam port ready for ga code release. Is there anything you can put together for us fans of your game that will have us look forward to new and exciting things?

Love the game as it seems to be a great framework to build a ton of content into it. Different factions, ships, weapons, scripted events based on timers, etc, etc. Would love to see a flourishing universe built out for greater interactivity. My guess it's a resources issues (number of devs, dev requests, etc)?

Anyways, thanks for the continued development of a great framework!

Lurler

Hm, you mean activity in terms of development or in terms or us talking to people here? :)
Though, either way both are not the case - we are working very hard to finish the game as soon as we can, because we are trying to finally prepare the game for steam release. As for talking on the forums - again, we are reading forums several times a day and if anything requires a reply we are always there :)

And yes, you are absolutely right about the game. We tried to make it as open as possible, so much more stuff could be added on top of the base game either by us or by any players creating mods.

jeeplaw

Oh, I meant in terms of release information. I figured you guys were bent on getting out the steam release so that you could continue with other coding objectives. I'd be curious what you did want to plan to come to the table with when you guys go live with version 1.0 of the full release. Will the content be that much different? It's a shame you couldn't bring Hammish on board for a small independant subcontractor fee to have him assist you guys :D That dude seems on top of the stuff in terms of reverse engineering how to make things works, modelling for ships, changing out the talent tree, etc.  ;D

Lurler

Well, what can I say. The game is definitely going to be different from the current version, that's for sure :)
A lot of work has been done already to make it better, bigger and more interesting.
And if everything goes well we would like to continue working on it after the release too.