Faction Members Can't See Each Other on Map

Started by Something, May 13, 2021, 08:56:11 PM

Something

None of our members can see each other on the map, and our faction isn't on the leaderboard at all. North America 3 PVE server, faction is EDEN.

ai_enabled

Hello!

I think you have a public faction:

By the way, you can see your party members on the map if you create a party (press H key to open the social menu). It's not as large as a faction but still can be useful.

Regards!

Something

Quote from: ai_enabled on May 14, 2021, 05:43:40 AM
Hello!

I think you have a public faction:

By the way, you can see your party members on the map if you create a party (press H key to open the social menu). It's not as large as a faction but still can be useful.

Regards!
Ah, I didn't realize that different factions had that option! Is there any way to change that or is it stuck at public forever? Thanks for the reply, bought this game just a week ago and already sunk 100 hours into it. Love it a lot so far!

ai_enabled

Alas, there is no way to change the faction type once it's created. I think we may consider removing public faction option altogether as it's rarely used and causes confusion to some players.

You can create a new private faction and invite your most active members there. If there are any faction-owned land claims, they must be deconstructed and rebuilt (all claims of the whole base at once) as it's not possible to transfer them from one faction to another.

Enjoy the game!