Not sure whats wrong here...

Started by MightyMonte88, December 30, 2020, 06:16:48 PM

MightyMonte88

hey AI_enabled, i was trying to help another forum member edit the clients ability to zoom, so i copied a file, made some changes, then deleted the file afterwards as it wasn't a change i wanted to make.

Now, no matter what i do, even replacing all the script files with ones from my last known working version, i still get this runtime error, no compile errors.

30.12.20 20:07:49.913 [ERR] SharpDX exception during continuation of the async task
SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x80131515], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Unknown
   _____________________________________stack trace_____________________________________

at Result.CheckError()
   at ImagingFactory.CreateDecoderFromStream_(streamRef, guidVendorRef, metadataOptions, decoderOut)
   at BitmapDecoder..ctor(factory, streamRef, metadataOptions)
   at #=zt6B7bgllDGDHep3nZju4v$M3ql1ib8G2wa1wi4g4hLCNJV3k3lCUqhQ1ogdImsLPSOs1oIk=.#=zZFVfIqIFfPpB(#=zOPHcoz4=, #=zIp$LFKg=, #=zn90r$MbuJHd2gMKzC1Buhhk=)
   at #=zt6B7bgllDGDHep3nZju4v$M3ql1ib8G2wa1wi4g4hLCNJV3k3lCUqhQ1ogdImsLPSOs1oIk=.#=zrpuNPM7tFQD_g3LL5A==(#=zOPHcoz4=, #=zm$p$x$4=, #=z4Y0ogCA=)
   at #=ztx8hItG3ffXL$daVwMPYwT8=.MoveNext()
   at ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(task)
   at #=zppcqQFjhUkIgWG07lIwPC0o=.MoveNext()
   at #=zZLgTPUMgs1ha.#=z6MZc__E=()
   at #=zs7QCeyatCSpTk_yyxw==.MoveNext()
   at #=zOsoKXZ80DCnH4gLdEw==.MoveNext()
   at #=zE3Z0hGGsrbU1csJoHg==.#=q8z1UHv1UmQbUGMzhnCkf5rOz3mpGs4aIyOHPt1mxWqA=()

I've ever tried making a new mod project, and copying my content and scripts folders over, still this same hateful runtime error...

ai_enabled

Hello!
Please navigate to the %Temp% folder with Windows Explorer, and delete the AtomicTorchStudio folder that is used to store the caches (including effects/shaders caches).

Regards!

MightyMonte88

Still getting the same error after deleting AtomicTorchStudio folder in temp. It's worth noting that if i use the version of my mod, from before the edit, i get no errors and the editor launches fine. However, if i create a new project (keeping the name the same Tech_Expansion). switch to debug, set dependencies, then copy the scripts and animations folders from the working mpk, recompile (with no errors), create a new mpk and try to run the editor it kicks back the above mentioned error, so the issue isn't with any of the scripts im assuming.....im confused.

ai_enabled

Perhaps there is something else besides the Scripts and Content folders. What about the Header.xml file? If you make a carbon copy of the mod to the different folder (and adjust the ModsConfig.xml to point to the new mod location), does it work?

MightyMonte88

If only there was a facepalm emoji lol, my 7zip utility was still set for max compression from when i emailed those log files to you. Thanks for helping me figure it out AI.

ai_enabled

I guess it's a good idea to gracefully handle such issues by the game engine and display a proper error message!

Regarding the camera zoom in Client buildΓÇöit's hardcoded in the engine for both client and server (visual scope) so no luck to unlock further zoom-out. Only Editor will allow zooming out further. As I've mentioned recently in Discord, this constraint was implemented for security/anti-cheat purposes.

Regards!