Swaping weapon / meds bug

Started by Kronnenberg, February 16, 2021, 02:50:42 PM

Kronnenberg

Hello i found very frustrating bug.

When i swap weapon to med, then i use some meds (like medkit) and then when i swap back to weapon im still using more meds when i click despite that my character hold weapon and should shoot. Sometimes whipeing weapons and meds works fine and sometimes i need to click like 5 times and loose like 5 seconds in intense pvp fight.

That happens to me and 4 of my teammates many times in last few days of playing.

ai_enabled

Hello!

Thanks for registering and reporting the issue!
I've tried but unable to reproduce it. We have not received other similar reports either which is strange as the item usage and medicine cooldown system were implemented months ago.
As you've mentioned, the issue happens only "sometimes". Could you provide the steps that are most often result in the issue, please? Are there any details  (such as "usually the issue happens I'm driving a hoverboard").
Or maybe you can provide a captured videoΓÇöthat would be most helpful!

Some notes: the medical cooldown doesn't allow using more medicine or firing weapons immediately after using the medicine. For some medical items, the cooldown may take up to 10 seconds. Though you can switch the currently selected item freelyΓÇöand as soon as the cooldown expired you can use it. Could it be the problem that you're describing, or maybe the issue is linked to it?

Regards!

Kronnenberg

Quotethe medical cooldown doesn't allow using more medicine or firing weapons immediately after using the medicine. For some medical items, the cooldown may take up to 10 seconds.

Damn, didn't know about that change.

ai_enabled

I think we need to add some kind of character animation when applying medicine, to make that more obvious.

Quotei didn't found any ingame tooltip about this on medicine items
When you attempt to use any medicine or fire any weapon while under the medical cooldown, a red notification is displayed in the top right corner.

Quotewould be cool to know how much not firing debuff every medicide has
The medical cooldown duration is displayed in the item tooltip.

Regards!

Kronnenberg

QuoteThe medical cooldown duration is displayed in the item tooltip.

True, now i uderstand.

Well i was just used to previous system, so i was thinking that this was some sort of bug. Anyway thank u very much for help. :D