Testing STEAM version

Started by Lurler, October 28, 2014, 03:48:07 AM

ai_enabled

Quote from: kyokei on November 29, 2014, 11:06:48 AMWell whatever I try I can't get it to work... any other tips?
I have some ideas, sent you a PM.

Quote from: Valkor on November 29, 2014, 07:57:18 PMIt isn't random for me, every single time I click + it will crash.
That's good for debugging! I've sent you a PM.

kyokei

I'll continue here... AI next issue :)

https://cloud.kunix.org/public.php?service=files&t=4458dcd923f49f49e6a7d5fc4667a111

let me know what you need, here are the player logs:

https://cloud.kunix.org/public.php?service=files&t=4f522eca9dd4cfd882fb38e10dc8e811

ai_enabled

Quote from: kyokei on November 30, 2014, 02:27:56 AM
I'll continue here... AI next issue :)

https://cloud.kunix.org/public.php?service=files&t=4458dcd923f49f49e6a7d5fc4667a111

let me know what you need, here are the player logs:

https://cloud.kunix.org/public.php?service=files&t=4f522eca9dd4cfd882fb38e10dc8e811
Is the game working now except this issue? How often this issue happens?
Please try to increase the MSAA setting to x4 and set the UI anti-aliasing to "MSAA" mode. This may help.

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on November 30, 2014, 06:29:28 PM
We definitely need a more stable UI library, could you write one? :-)
Is the game working now except this issue? How often this issue happens?
Please try to increase the MSAA setting to x4 and set the UI anti-aliasing to "MSAA" mode. This may help.
I'm not behind my mac right now so I'll try tonight but the menus had no button and I couldn't do anything... so for me it was unplayable.

Hammish

No idea if it's something I changed on my end or if it was this morning's patch, but as of today when I fire up the game it alt-tabs me when it attempts to fire up the local server instead of running the server as a hidden process. :)

kyokei

So Mac version... I can start it now from Steam!...
Problems: Menu's and UI look odd, looks like missing textures and some menu options do not work.
- Single player doesn't do anything
- Multiplayer opens the MP menu
- Options opens the menu and you see the top tabs for Audio and Video but no options in them.

Yeah that's about it.

Link to my player.log

https://cloud.kunix.org/public.php?service=files&t=d094766d4606e92a5a51cd4dc8e4c705

Some VE dev: can you tell me where in the Mac version the file is which has the video options? I want to play around with those to test.

As always, if you want me to test a specific scenario let me know!

ai_enabled

Quote from: Hammish on December 01, 2014, 10:59:14 AM
No idea if it's something I changed on my end or if it was this morning's patch, but as of today when I fire up the game it alt-tabs me when it attempts to fire up the local server instead of running the server as a hidden process. :)
Yes, it was a little patch yesterday, focused on fixing issues with Mac & Linux versions and to test a different launch way for the local game server (to fix issue reported by Tchey). Of course we will not use this way to launch server in the next version.

Quote from: kyokei on December 01, 2014, 12:44:27 PM
So Mac version... I can start it now from Steam!...
Problems: Menu's and UI look odd, looks like missing textures and some menu options do not work.
- Single player doesn't do anything
- Multiplayer opens the MP menu
- Options opens the menu and you see the top tabs for Audio and Video but no options in them.
Yeah that's about it.
I thought the last build will fix these issues (as some UI assets was not build for some reason in previous build). We will contact with NoesisGUI team and try to investigate it further.

Link to my player.log
Sorry, I forgot to mention that now we have a proper logging (finally!), and now all logs located (for Linux & Mac) at "Documents/AtomicTorchStudio/VoidExpanse/Logs". Sent me a PM please with link to last files from this folder.
BTW, under Windows the logs located in the game folder (we plan to change this behavior to Documents as it done for Linux & Mac, as now it may conflict with UAC).

Some VE dev: can you tell me where in the Mac version the file is which has the video options? I want to play around with those to test.
The ClientSettings.xml also located at "Documents/AtomicTorchStudio/VoidExpanse/" folder. But I'm sure this is not because the settings, looks like a drivers issue. My Macbook Pro has nearly same GPU and I didn't notice any UI issues (and with last build no any other issues also).

Hammish

Quote from: ai_enabled on December 01, 2014, 07:51:41 PM
Yes, it was a little patch yesterday, focused on fixing issues with Mac & Linux versions and to test a different launch way for the local game server (to fix issue reported by Tchey).

Awesome!  It's actually helped me with debugging a bit as well, but I was just curious. :)

ai_enabled

Quote from: Hammish on December 02, 2014, 12:45:40 AM
Awesome!  It's actually helped me with debugging a bit as well, but I was just curious. :)
You can always run the game server in the non-hidden window mode - just set "enable_local_game_server_interactive_mode" to 1 in ClientSettings.xml.

Lurler

New testing version is out.

Important note: saves, settings and other such things are now stored in the documents folder. If you'd like to continue using your old saves simply move them from the game folder to the appropriate folder in the documents folder.

FlessenGreendart

That's good news!
Would you be doing the same for the Mods folder? would make installing mods easier.

kyokei

Any major changes?
Also side question, will you use the steam cloud sync for the savegames once you publish the game on Steam?

ai_enabled

Quote from: FlessenGreendart on December 05, 2014, 04:04:47 AM
That's good news!
Would you be doing the same for the Mods folder? would make installing mods easier.
Yes, it's done for all dynamic data - including savegames, mods, settings, logs and some other hidden files. So nothing should be created inside the game folder after installation.
That's was already done for Mac & Linux versions before. We decided to do this for the Windows version to make game fully UAC compatible (so you could install it even in the "Program Files" folder (it will require UAC elevated rights) and then launch without any problems with UAC (as it normally protects the "Program Files" folder against writing).

Quote from: kyokei on December 05, 2014, 05:31:29 AM
Any major changes?
Also side question, will you use the steam cloud sync for the savegames once you publish the game on Steam?
Just bunch of fixes and improvements, mostly about autopilot and topics.
The Steam cloud saves sync may be added in the future, together with the other Steam features. We still not decided what the Steam features we want to have into the game.

Sorry, the new version doesn't work on Mac and (possibly) Linux, fix will be available tomorrow.

FlessenGreendart

Quote from: ai_enabled on December 05, 2014, 06:51:01 AM
Yes, it's done for all dynamic data ... to make game fully UAC compatible
I'm glad to hear that, It'll make a lot of jobs easier for everyone.

I've been updating my mods to match this version of steam, and I'm happy to say that I haven't encountered any issues running them so far.

ai_enabled

Quote from: FlessenGreendart on December 05, 2014, 07:14:27 AM
I'm glad to hear that, It'll make a lot of jobs easier for everyone.

I've been updating my mods to match this version of steam, and I'm happy to say that I haven't encountered any issues running them so far.
Great!
To clarify - we're planning to add support for installing and loading MPK-mods to Documents folder with the next build. The CPK (core mod) will be always located in the game folder.
Currently all mods should be located inside the game folder (Mods subfolder).
The ModsConfig.xml is located in Documents already.