Testing STEAM version

Started by Lurler, October 28, 2014, 03:48:07 AM

FlessenGreendart

Couple o' things:
The grappler beam doesn't turn off after you've looted a crate, it just stays the same length and points to where the crate was
(https://www.dropbox.com/sh/an6yvum75syadac/AADCK699F5kN87kSMxfkqxiGa?dl=0)
At first, I thought maybe it was a save file compatibility issue, but it persisted in a new game, and after doing the One Eyed Joe quests, the jump gates remained locked.

ai_enabled

FlessenGreendart, thanks for reporting! Fixed now, preparing the update for Steam.

Lurler

I'm wondering - has anyone actually finished the game with the new version?
In particular for the Order. It is so far the only faction where I've managed to iron out all the bugs with quests and I am pretty sure it should work perfectly.
So, if anyone is thinking of trying to complete the game it would be a good idea to play for the Order. And if you do - please let us know how it worked for you!

ai_enabled

Update ready - v0.1.12!
Not sure about the Mac version (need more testing), but other versions should run flawlessly.

FlessenGreendart

Quote from: Lurler on December 05, 2014, 09:47:02 PM
I'm wondering - has anyone actually finished the game with the new version?

You know; I've come close a couple of times, once I got to the point of being able to enter Xent. space, but got myself stuck on a space station, surrounded by star systems that would kill me before I could get back to civilisation. Problem was, Pirates were camping around the jump gates, and I was only using a low class ship for the level I was at xD (that was Order)

Second time was freedom. I was at the point that I was collecting the things from xent. space, but then I got sidetracked with another new game.

Fanatics will be my next  ;)

Quote from: ai_enabled on December 05, 2014, 10:58:15 PM
Update ready - v0.1.12!

Awesome, shall be testing that tomorrow!

On A side note, yesterday, I stumbled across "Test First Name" again. He seems to have the same avatar as me in the station, but when you talk to him, it's a random avatar..

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on December 05, 2014, 10:58:15 PM
Update ready - v0.1.12!
Not sure about the Mac version (need more testing), but other versions should run flawlessly.

Mac version still broken, same thing as before. I see the 2 intro logos and then it crashes. Crashes even to the point of freezing up the Macbook :S I've come as far as the language selection.

Logs: https://cloud.kunix.org/public.php?service=files&t=8d4fa6aecf62954e2930b9f3301a802b

ai_enabled

Quote from: kyokei on December 06, 2014, 04:25:14 AM
Mac version still broken, same thing as before. I see the 2 intro logos and then it crashes. Crashes even to the point of freezing up the Macbook :S I've come as far as the language selection.

Logs: https://cloud.kunix.org/public.php?service=files&t=8d4fa6aecf62954e2930b9f3301a802b
Thanks for reporting! I got some heavy tools against these issues, hope soon we can finally resolve them all :-).

kyokei

Awesome, as always, if you have a specific scenario to test for me drop me a PM :)

generalmek

i need steam key, dont forget me )) want all my games in 1 place with news in steam.

ai_enabled

The updated version (v0.12.1) was just uploaded to the Steam - with a few bugfixes and, finally, fixed Mac version!

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on December 07, 2014, 09:09:18 PM
The updated version (v0.12.1) was just uploaded to the Steam - with a few bugfixes and, finally, fixed Mac version!

Tested the steam version, works PERFECTLY except for one tiny thing...
When I created a single player world it took a good 40-50 seconds for it to initialize creating the world after I pressed the button... felt like it was starting up the server in the background but it was taking a long time.
Clicking the load games also takes a good 30-45 seconds before my save pops up

FPS seems a bit clunky but I am playing it on a Mac with the Iris gpu, so it's not the best gaming PC. Graphics also feel a bit blurry playing at good quality at 1280x800 - really unsure if there is anything you can do about this.

In the logs, in my last attempt to test stuff before dinner - the game crashed upon exiting.

Here are all the logs +screenshots:
https://cloud.kunix.org/public.php?service=files&t=6ae0c2e071f8952bf916dde826d81994

ai_enabled

kyokei, thanks for reporting! I'm glad the issue with UI is gone.
The performance will be improved - the last build contains much of the debug code, which is reducing performance drastically. Your Iris GPU is powerful enough to play with comfort in our game!
I see that on the screenshots the game seems to have wrong aspect ratio. Is it looks stretched during gameplay, or only on the screenshots?
Regards!

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on December 08, 2014, 09:18:20 PM
kyokei, thanks for reporting! I'm glad the issue with UI is gone.
The performance will be improved - the last build contains much of the debug code, which is reducing performance drastically. Your Iris GPU is powerful enough to play with comfort in our game!
I see that on the screenshots the game seems to have wrong aspect ratio. Is it looks stretched during gameplay, or only on the screenshots?
Regards!

Looks stretched during gameplay too. That's the word I was looking for. Sadly I can't play the game at a higher resolution on the Mac as it drastically decreases performance.
Let me know if you need more info

FlessenGreendart

Just tried twice, in two separate save files: I can't equip Barritch's scanner, it plays the equip sound effect, but nothing else happens, no notifications or anything

Lurler

Where are you trying to equip it? And into what slot?
It works for me. On a station.
Also, maybe logs could help, can you upload logs?