Main Menu

wall bug

Started by D., April 12, 2021, 01:31:09 PM

D.

i've noticed on the experimental a30 server that sometimes when the creatures flee from you and go against a wall, they become impossible to harm... this is easily reproducible on ruins, when damaging a crawler and letting it get to a wall, specially corners.

Even tried with grenade launchers and they have no effect.

gaara

this is not only in a30, i noticed this in different patches (a25-a30). its like the damage was made outside wall sometimes , i usually kill creature before it hide or scare it from corner/ dawn wall

ai_enabled

Hello!

Thanks for reporting! I've tried to reproduce this case, see the screenshot in the physics debug mode: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GcATScBzOD1U4ITmNsaw0sh9mtLGADDE/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately, currently we don't have a fix for this issue.
It's one of the issues resulting from the weird hitbox/collision detection system that we're using. The game physics is 2D but players expect that some objects have both depth and height instead of being just top-down objects. In the case of large hitboxes (like players character and most creatures) it works fine as their hitbox will pop above the wall in this case, but some smaller creatures can hide behind the wall in a such way that wall hitbox will completely cover creature's hitbox and so prevent any damage. Will see if we can figure out a proper solution or workaround to prevent this issue.

Regards!