A27 Experimental is now live!

Started by ai_enabled, June 30, 2020, 10:43:50 AM

ai_enabled

A27 Experimental is now live!

The Total Overhaul Update is ready for testing! It is the most anticipated and the most important update to the game yet which completely changes how it plays from the very first second to the very end of the newly introduced Tier 5.

Some of the key additions and changes include: _Tier 5, fishing (!), S.H.I.E.L.D. system, structure relocation, Electricity 2.0, mining drones (!),  advanced item tooltips (weapons, armor, medicine, etc.), new mech and mech weapons, oil cracking, new and improved quests, pragmium sensor, neural recombinator, tons of new items and structures, and much more._

As usual, the detailed patch notes will be available on our forums in a few days (we will notify everyone in discord and post a link).

To test the update we've deployed two experimental servers (PvE and PvP, with PvE hosted in the USA and PvP hosted in Europe). You can choose either of the two to test the game. The servers will be live for about 2 weeks.

How to connect:
To join you need to manually set CryoFall Steam branch to "experimental-a27". To access it please right click on CryoFall in Steam Client, choose Properties, then open the BETAS tab, and select the "experimental-a27" from the dropdown menu. After the game is updatedΓÇölaunch it and find the A27 Experimental server in the featured servers list.

Please note that certain mods don't yet support A27 and the game will disable them automatically.

We really need your feedback this time. This update will determine the future of the entire project. So, please give the experimental a go and let us know what you think about all of the changes and all of the new content. Share your thoughts here in discord.

grimes

under properties, I can't find a Beta tab

ai_enabled

@grimes did you open the Steam properties or the game properties (right more button click over the game on Steam library)?
The BETAS tab is the latest one in the tabs list.

grimes

ok...that showed the Betas tab...but under the tab there is no option for the a27 update.

thanks, grimes

ai_enabled

That's odd. The droplist should include "experimental-a27", please check again.

grimes

only option is...
NONE - opt out of all beta programs

Caninicus

A27 not updating. I see that A27 has changed to version .2, but for some reason, I can't download it. In the meantime, I can't play on version .1

ai_enabled

Please restart Steam Client. Sometimes it cannot detect an update.

Caninicus

Verifying game files fixed the issue

grimes

any reply to my problem ?
I have verified files. restarted, etc.
still no joy.

thanks, grimes

ai_enabled

@grimes, could you provide a screenshot of the game properties (BETAS tab), please? (maybe send it to support@atomictorch.com or just post a link on Dropbox/Google Drive) I'm not sure what's going on, we never heard from anyone else about such an issue with Steam Client.

ai_enabled

Patch notes: https://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=1719.0

gaara

paper cartridges cost will be 20 black powder ( rest bp ammo was cost reduced  )