Queen and sand tyrant pre event shield?

Started by Karsthans, May 12, 2021, 11:11:30 AM

Karsthans

Hi,

This one is probably just non practical but since sounded like good idea thought would share, could there be a shield around bosses that would take little, but more than your solo player rushing in and getting a shot or two at it, to allow players few seconds to start to fire and surround boss, before its open to direct attack, I ask since any player caught with line of sight blocked can take few seconds to move around and find a spot, this applies only to queen, to actually help with event and not just shot other players in the black cause they are blocking line of sight. I would use as reference fortnite save the world, had a mode that objective was to attack a base and as a pre event had damage shield, as well as a timer, with its progress showed to any players in match, this game could be area, like below health when in range, that way players had something, yes a bit like pre event timer but more exact, to get to event and join,

Thanks.

Karsthans

Hi,

I first like to say apologies for reply to my own post, still it is relevant to initial post so here goes, since, apparently you are considering a "shield" like system, wanted to add a followup suggestions, if shield had x health points to it before it is destroyed, could use the speed, from first to last damage point, to calculate boss health and loot, for example say for each 10 seconds to bring down 5000 health shield would lower boss health by 500 and lower total loot by 5, making it the focus of all players to do as much damage as possible to get a better chance of challenge and loot later, could also allow players to take their time if most wanted a easier fight.
I also have to make note that the random event system is not working, in my opinion, making it harder for players to take time to log on, having tiny chance to be on when the one event they are after comes up, than if was fixer timer or other alternatives, like "debuff" suggestion that made in other post, to allow players to still have chance at events they are after even if logging on once a day,

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Hello!
We're working on a different approach for PvE servers.
Imagine a large circle location of the inner battle area (the dark-tinted biome) that cannot be passed through until the event starts. Any players and vehicles that are inside this area before the event is announced will be respawned automatically (but usually there are no players). This barrier area will be active until the event preparation timer expires.
I'm not sure yet whether the barrier will actually work (as we have custom physics/collision engine that was never tested with such large colliders), but if it does, we can deploy it in a small patch for the current version.

Regards!

Karsthans

Hi,

Thank you for replay and looking forward to see that possible update, would just like to add that difficulty will still be a big issue, since early on updates there are to many players, making it to easy and later on to few players, making it impossible, so some form of adjustable difficulty, before the possible dungeon update, would be very helpful,

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Indeed. Right now we're ready to manually change the boss difficulty. Just let us know the server name.

Karsthans

Hi,

We are having trouble to find 4 players, with the 35% health boost while back made it, lets say a little to challenging for any 3 random players to finish boss events, so if possible to consider changing difficulty back to default could help, server UK PVE,

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Ok, changing the difficulty back to default (about 20-25% lower difficulty).
Enjoy the game!

Regards!