Custom server image/banner

Started by djs4000, November 19, 2014, 01:52:38 AM

djs4000

I know you guys are busy getting the game ready for the steam launch, but I had an idea that would allow for server customization. I was thinking a custom image that loads when the game does, much like the existing dialog you guys have that shows the keyboard mapping, would be a great way for admins to add server info, rules, etc. It'd be even better if you guys could code it to display an html file!

Lurler

Hm, that's an interesting idea and not too difficult to implement.

How would you propose this implemented exactly both from the server configuration point of view and from client point of view?

djs4000

On server side it would be easy to just have a file in the root folder (say, motd.html or motd.png). The client would check upon connection if a motd file exists, and then check to see if has already been download (checksum check?) and download it if needed. Once the client connects it dislplays the server's file before spawning the player in.

Lurler

Thanks.
Sounds good, I will talk with other devs and we will see if we can add it and when.

djs4000

If you need examples of games that do it well, take a look a Counter-Strike and TF2. Both have a file called motd.txt in their dedicated server folders that parses html and displays whatever is written on in when player joins the game (for tf2, its the "chalkboard before team select). DayZ (arma mod at least) does this also by allowing a custom load image that the client downloads while joining the server.

loutlos

accutane kaufen schweiz accutane tabletten kaufen  accutane kaufen deutschland
accutane kaufen schweiz accutane tabletten kaufen  accutane kaufen ohne rezept
accutane rezeptfrei accutane rezeptfrei  accutane kaufen deutschland
accutane rezeptfrei accutane tabletten kaufen  isotretinoin rezeptfrei ├╢sterreich
accutane isotretinoin kaufen accutane tabletten kaufen  isotretinoin rezeptfrei kaufen
accutane kaufen deutschland accutane tabletten kaufen  isotretinoin tabletten rezeptfrei