Steam-version UI

Started by Hammish, November 21, 2014, 09:35:29 AM

Hammish

... Looks great, except for one thing:  when in space my installed modules along the bottom of the screen (mining lasers, ect) don't appear to be scaling correctly; they're pinched and don't extend from the top of the box to the bottom.    Will get a screenshot for you guys a bit later!

Lurler

Yes, screenshot is definitely needed, since it isn't entirely clear what is wrong :)
But seeing that it's a new UI there are definitely going to be some problems.

Hammish

Actually, I zoomed in... not so much a problem with the UI as just with scaling the way I did my icons, more my issue than yours. :)

They actually do take up the entire box and aren't pinching vertically, they just look odd when scaled down to 80% or for space UI.  Small thing, though, and the Core icons still look fine for most things.  I checked that after. :)

ai_enabled

Hammish, is there anything we can do with it?
Please note that the icons should have power-of-two side size (so best size is 128x128) otherwise they will be rendered a little bit blurry.

Hammish

Nah, I think it's always something that modders are going to have to deal with in this case.  If you had all the icons along the bottom at 100% scale I would think it'd cause issues with running the game at lesser resolutions, and any sort of scaling is going to give issues when you're talking text at that small a resolution to start with. :)

I'll find a way to work it out, even if it means scaling anything visible on the space UI a bit differently icon-wise and stripping out the text on it; the text isn't super-important for those anyway, the only reason I worked out icons with it on there in the first place for general-use was to make it easier to tell at a glance what size and type modules were in sometimes-crowded shops.