This game needs more exposure

Started by Neogambit, July 07, 2015, 11:20:13 PM

Neogambit

This game is so amazing, and I think it needs a lot more publicity. 
I have a suggestion to perhaps go with some "free" publicity by
giving copies to some of the Twitch / Youtube personalities.  I have seen Scott Manley on Twitch playing games of this style, and he is a very well known and respected name on the streaming circuit.  I know advertising costs money typically, but in this case it could help put some spotlight on this awesome game, and hopefully boost sales.

Lurler

It definitely does :)

More exposure means we can add even more cool stuff and expand it.

But alas, it seems the game press has a different idea about that :) To be specific they are mostly ignoring it.
Same goes for youtubers, we contacted about 1000 people, and only a handful of them actually replied and expressed an interest in doing some kind of coverage.

Well, I can kinda see why, though. We are still relatively unknown studio. Hopefully it can change in the future as we continue with new projects.

p0ki

Quote from: Lurler on July 08, 2015, 12:42:38 AM
Same goes for youtubers, we contacted about 1000 people, and only a handful of them actually replied and expressed an interest in doing some kind of coverage.
I am so happy you did that. As a follower of quill18 I learned from this game, and it's awesome!

Daehawk

Its always needed more interests. In the old days mags covered these games. But most mags and online places are long gone. Its all word of mouth for this now. Sad as this is a perfect little space game and loads of fun. Honestly if given this or some AAA title like Star Citizen Id pick this every time. The overhead view, the ability to mine rocks, and the fighting and play is just my favorite style.
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Lurler

The real sad thing is - if we had more people playing the game (read: more sales) we would have been able to add much more features that we had ideas for but were never able to implement for the simple reason of lack of funds. But hopefully with each following game we make we will be able to gather bigger community that would allow us to make these games better and better and maybe even return to our older games and add some updates for them as well.