Make base storage universal

Started by Daehawk, April 02, 2016, 04:30:20 AM

Daehawk

I suggest making the storage area on all bases be universal so when you go somewhere all your stuff is still in it no matter what system you are in. As is I have to fly my fighting ship around but if I want to do a trade mission or just take a break and go mining I have to buy a new mining ship for that because its only good in the single system I buy it in unless I want to use it to go places. I think it would be better to be able to switch ships wherever I want to. I mean if I own it why cant I get to it?
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Antubis

Greetings! Thank you for your suggestion, however there is one detail you forgot to account for, which makes it impossible, unfortunately.

Simple question: what will be the reason for trading in the game, if all the cargo is stored universally?
There will be no sense to use cargo ships, no point in trade-travels. So, basically this will eliminate all trading in game.
This could only be done for items, which are not part of the trade, but then there is a question - why are some items universal and others are not? Inconsistent...

So, with this approach the suggestion doesn't seem applicable, as it makes the game imbalanced.