Free for all building

Started by Karsthans, April 01, 2020, 04:01:33 PM

Karsthans

Hi, I am not sure if anyone posted about this before, but had some one build walls that were just frame and not finished, all around claim, this without having access listed for that claim, server Europe 3 PVE, can I report whoever it was for harassment? :P it will take a good while to remove now that its finished and so intention, am guessing, was to raise build skill by abusing, what I can imagine is a game bug? and can this be changed or fixed as there is no reason players should be able to do anything inside others claims in PVE servers without access granted to them, thanks.

ai_enabled

Hello!

Only owners of the land claim area can build inside it.
Please let us know the coordinates of such walls and we will check.

Regards!

Karsthans

Hi, walls were placed but not finished so were only, not sure if its called, frame? then were finnished by some one without access to claim. I saw other player complain about this before and did not think it was possible.

ai_enabled

I see. So the wall blueprints were placed by the land owner and someone else came and finished building on their own. Well, isn't it a kind action? :)
Anyway, thanks for reporting, we will investigate this case and consider changes!

Regards!

Karsthans

Hi, well it was blueprint for a reason :D was meant to be temporary and easy to remove :'( anyway thanks for reply.

Lurler

Quote from: Karsthans on April 01, 2020, 04:30:59 PM
Hi, well it was blueprint for a reason :D was meant to be temporary and easy to remove :'( anyway thanks for reply.
You can always use a crowbar to remove any of the structures on your landclaim.

Karsthans

Hi, I am aware it is not issue impossible to get around, however, it is annoying and in my opinion, falls under harassment behaviour by other player and again, in my opinion, is clearly a game design flaw that allows players to have some level of control over claim they were not allowed access to.

ai_enabled

I've added a task to add the restriction for this action on PvE servers in the next update.

Regards!

ai_enabled

Fixed for A26!
Stay tuned :-)

Karsthans

Hi, tested, on experimental A26 PVE and it worked, now blueprints show same message as everything else inside claim if player without access tries to build it, no more issue, thanks.

ai_enabled

I'm glad to hear the fix is verified.
Thanks for trying the experimental version!

Karsthans

Hi,

I noticed this issue pop up again, this time with faction system, players without permission to build in faction claim can, apparently, still finish building walls blueprints, as in use resources to complete construction, if possible to apply same fix as before would be helpful,

Thanks.

ai_enabled

Thanks for letting us know! Yes, we can add an extra check for this case in the next big patch or update...
Though, is it really bad? They're not some strangers after all, they're your faction members.

Karsthans

Hi,

It is same issue, can remove walls with crowbar, but it is very inconvenient and other players many times don't understand that blueprint is just to avoid random players from logging inside claim and later on can build actual wall, either way it makes no sense for players that dont have builder permission to be able to build,

Thanks.