modding question.

Started by Dartscheibe, April 22, 2020, 08:43:03 AM

Dartscheibe

Hey would like to know where is the timer of debuff? would like to deactivate the debuff if somebody dies or change the timer of it for 5 seconds or something like this.
It appears after death : debuff. I think it is server and client side. I want to change the time of the debuff how fast it should be gone or completely deactivate it.

Also would like to know: If i upload a custom map.. does it need to be Server and Client side? or does the server upload the map automattically to the clients?

ai_enabled

1. see StatusEffectWeakened https://github.com/AtomicTorchStudio/CryoFall/blob/master/Core.cpk/Scripts/CharacterStatusEffects/Debuffs/StatusEffectWeakened.cs

2. not required as the server will stream the map to the client if it doesn't have it locally. It might save some traffic which is a concern for servers in certain regions with limited bandwidth or paid traffic.

Dartscheibe

Quote from: ai_enabled on April 22, 2020, 09:00:40 AM
1. see StatusEffectWeakened https://github.com/AtomicTorchStudio/CryoFall/blob/master/Core.cpk/Scripts/CharacterStatusEffects/Debuffs/StatusEffectWeakened.cs

2. not required as the server will stream the map to the client if it doesn't have it locally. It might save some traffic which is a concern for servers in certain regions with limited bandwidth or paid traffic.
^

Thank you for this fast answer. If i am correct... the statusEffectWeakened is just serverside isn't it? i do not need to make it clientside also...

ai_enabled

The "status effect" is a server entity however it's replicated to the client owning it so it's aware of the applied status effects and their intensity. The client doesn't update the state of the status effect, it's updated only on the server-side. When the server is reducing the status effect's intensity (measured in %), the number is sent to the client so it could display the actual number.

Dartscheibe

perfect thank you very much