How to update the Server to 0.22.1.9?

Started by TetraVirus, May 16, 2019, 02:39:14 PM

TetraVirus

Hello. I have a Server Version 0.21.0.12. Now i want to make an update to Version 0.22.1.9.
I have download the zip File for 0.22.1.9 and extract it. When I copy the "Data-Folder" from the old Server to the new Server, and I start the Powershell with "dotnet CryoFall_Server.dll load"... The Server is starting, but then I get a red Error Message.

How can i update the Server to version 0.22.19 with my old savegames?

ai_enabled

Hello!

It's not possible to use the previous savegame, unfortunately.
To continue playing, you can keep using previous version game server and downgrade your client version with Steam Client (game properties --> Betas tab).
If you want to update, you need to delete the savegames folder.

The complete update guide is here https://steamcommunity.com/app/829590/discussions/7/3264459260603005606/

Regards!

TetraVirus

That means, all my Users start at point zero? At the beginning?

ai_enabled

Yes. Currently, savegames compatibility is not yet implemented.
We've wiped the official servers as well.
Savegames compatibility feature is planned for the next update in July, but you will need to wipe the server savegame in July once again.
Please let your players know so they will expect the wipe next time.

Regards!

TetraVirus

but at the last server update,  i could just exchange the data folder and it works

ai_enabled

Indeed, A21 update didn't add any content and didn't modify the data scheme so it was 100% compatible.
A22 update is much larger with new content and features.

Regards!

ai_enabled

Our original wipe plan is with every major update roughly every 6 weeks as we don't have the savegames compatibility yet (and even after that we're planning to wipe at least PvP servers often to bring back the challange into the game).
So wipe in May was planned and expected when we launched the game in Steam Early Acces on April 3rd.

Regards!