Adventurer Class removed from current Experimental Build?

Started by s4bre, March 27, 2015, 07:05:57 PM

s4bre

This days patch iteration did remove the "Adventurer" Class? (thus breaking my previous character)

ai_enabled

Hello!
Oops... yes! You can fix the save by editing "data" file inside the save file (it's a simple zip archive, so you can extract it, edit and compress back). You need to find "StartingCharacterTypeId" and change its value from "adventurer" to any other class ID: demolition, engineer, fighter, prospector, rogue, scout, trader.
I hope Lurler will explain why the adventurer class has been removed :-).
Regards!

s4bre

thanks!

also i noted the new build burns through fuel like CRAZY! i can barely fly around the system map with my starting ship or the banshee and my tanks will run dry. This seems a bit exzessive ..especially because it does NOT happen on autopilot, only on manual flight and cruise. It even burns fuel while doing nothing.

ai_enabled

Thanks for reporting. I will check it.
Also the new build with fresh bugfixes coming soon.

s4bre

well it may also be that the civilian fuel tank is so small that i completely neglected that fact...
but still its odd that it burns less fuel when using autopilot :D

ai_enabled

We've restored the adventurer class in the 1.1.4 and we will not remove it anymore.
About the civilian fuel tank - yes, it's civilian/free, so it's more like a can of coke instead of a real fuel tank :-).
Regards!

askew1

Quote from: s4bre on March 27, 2015, 08:23:42 PM
well it may also be that the civilian fuel tank is so small that i completely neglected that fact...
but still its odd that it burns less fuel when using autopilot :D

The autopilot also makes as much use of the Cruise engines as it can. Cruise is basically shifting into a higher gear and your normal engines are low gear.